Inside Sales Specialist (dual role secondary position) Product Specialist - NuStep - Ann Arbor
If you love to generate leads, connect with clients, and build brand awareness, please read on!
We design and manufacture unique, high quality exercise equipment for rehabilitation, senior living communities, and fitness centers. We introduced the first recumbent cross trainer and have been a leader in rehabilitation equipment since 1997.
About the Role
Responsible for selling NuStep products in an inside sales role and meeting or exceeding sales revenue goals, while working cooperatively with other sales team members towards increased customer satisfaction and NuStep brand awareness. (This role also will assist our Customer Service Department in addition to our Sales Department.) The customer service piece of this role we strive to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering unparalleled customer service through product knowledge and customer focused product support and initiatives. (This is a newly created dual role)
Sales Specialist Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed individual sales and revenue goals aligned with monthly, quarterly and annual company sales and revenue goals
- Responsible for prospecting, new lead generation, and qualifying of company-supplied leads through various techniques - cold calling, referrals, repeats, relationship building etc.
- Ensure proper follow-up and responses to customer inquiries and requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations as needed.
- Responsible for timely and effective closing of identified sales opportunities.
- Expected to meet the assigned daily phone call quota and follow the adopted corporate inside sales process.
- Follow established pricing procedures to ensure correct product and shipping costs on quotes and orders.
- Responsible for accurate and timely order entry into CRM database, including tasks for every lead, opportunity and sale as outlined in our sales process.
- Follow established procedures for tracking active order status, changes, scheduling changes, partial shipments, credit changes, communication with prospects and customers.
- Maintain accurate and organized electronic files on customer accounts and prospects.
- Meet daily sales activity goals for outbound phone calls and connections.
- Focus on full coverage of territory and strategic market penetration and expansion of current customer base- key and target accounts.
- Schedule conference calls, face-to-face meetings and attend tradeshows as assigned.
- Send out literature, marketing materials and prepare presentations for meeting and trade shows using company resources and processes.
- Generate timely and accurate forecasting and other reports as requested by manager.
- Work collaboratively with lead development specialist, sales administrator, and inside/outside sales team members to optimize revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Meet quality assurance requirements related to customer service and satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date on company products to promote the full NuStep product line, including accessories and accessory bundles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the competition and market trends to better serve customer needs.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve efficiencies and use of resources.
Product Specialist Responsibilities - (Secondary Responsibilities)
- Meet or exceed customer service and product support needs by applying detailed product knowledge and following established customer service procedures and guidelines. (Bonus if have mechanical or technical abilities)
- Document customer support and service requests in the CRM system, and maintain accurate, detailed, up to date, and organized customer files.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- In collaboration with other departments within the company, coordinate actions to upgrade previously shipped products as needed
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction post shipping
- Communication (verbal, written) and presentation skills
- Ability to connect with, build rapport and maintain excellent customer relations at all levels within an organization
- Excellent Listening Skills
- Account Management Skills
- Exemplary Customer Service
- Time Management Skills
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office products, e-mail system and CRM database)
- Cold prospecting and closing skills
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude
- Business Development and Strategic Planning Capability
- Professional Effective Sales Technique
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree or five (5) or more years of progressive product selling experience.
Certification and Licenses
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willing to travel to trade shows and occasional face-to-face meetings with clients
- Must be have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to take a sales aptitude assessment, pre-employment physical, drug, alcohol, tobacco, and background check
- Use of personal credit card for incidentals while traveling is required.
Why Work Here?The inclusive NuStep recumbent cross trainer is designed for a wide range of users, from the physically fit to those with mobility limitations. NuStep is the exercise equipment brand of choice for physical therapy centers, cardiac rehabilitation clinics, senior living communities and health and wellness centers across the country. The company is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where our high-quality recumbent cross trainers and accessories are designed, manufactured, assembled and shipped worldwide.
Fantastic benefits and a very positive working environment. Poised for growth!!
Ann Arbor, MI