Supervisor, Project Controls
NuScale Power, LLC Corvallis, OR
- Expired: April 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Controls Specialist (PCS) supervisor is responsible for implementation, compliance and continuous improvement of the existing project controls systems, processes, procedures and standards for all projects in execution. The PCS supervisor is responsible for the development and training of the PCS team assigned to the projects that are in execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs, delegates, and oversees projects that are in execution including:
- Assigning project controls specialist lead to the project
- Understand needs of the project controls specialists and how they use project management and project controls standards, procedures and processes
- Monitor and periodically assess the effectiveness of Monthly Project Status Report business rhythms and the tools that support it.
- Identify and prioritize issues and opportunities, develop solutions and improvements, plan, implement, and validate success
- Communicate and ensure consensus across organization
- Develop and implement change management plans for complex or high-impact changes
- Develop and deliver training for users, supervisors, and managers
- Responsible for a standardized implementation and maintenance of the project controls systems, procedures and standards including:
- Designing with a graded approach the project controls system for upcoming projects.
- Coordinating with internal and external customers their project controls needs.
- Performs self-assessments.
- Develops work schedules for assigned area of responsibility including task definition, cost estimation, and labor planning.
- Assesses the qualifications and training needs of their team and ensures each team member is qualified to perform assigned tasks. Develops team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives.
- Leads cross‐functional projects within areas of responsibility.
- Interacts with management and other organizations to coordinate across organizational lines (includes executives and managers, other supervisors, and subcontractors).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Business Acumen: A strategic thinker with good business perspective and an understanding of the company’s business. Able to function comfortably in political interactions. Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Problem solving: Decisive with good judgment. Identifies and resolves problems in an efficient and effective manner. Gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Strong communication skills, externally and internally. Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information.
- Planning/organizing: Capable leader; able to establish a vision and align an organization around the vision. Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Integrity: Is trusted by peers and subordinates.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and ASME NQA-1 preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, Accounting, or Business Administration is required. MBA preferred. Ten years of working experience in a formal project controls organization may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of full-time working experience with at least five of those years being in a project planning / scheduling or project controls organization is required. Possession of current PMP and/or PMI License OR working experience within the US commercial nuclear industry may be credited for 1-2 years specific project planning or project controls experience. Maintaining a time management plan utilizing Oracle’s Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project is required. Experience maintaining a cost management plan and being able to demonstrate examples of implementing Earned Value Management, Cost Control, and Change Management concepts is required.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy regulation 10 CFR, Part 810.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding in the implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
NuScale Power, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at NuScale Power, LLC