Senior Reactor Operator 4
NuScale Power, LLC Corvallis, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for integrating industry engineering and operational principles into the development of the NuScale design in order to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable plant operation. Applies comprehensive knowledge of training principles, techniques, and practices and has broad knowledge of a wide range of applicable industry standards, codes, and regulations. Performs functions necessary to develop training for the staff of a NuScale plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Collaborates with team members to ensure solutions are vetted and deliverables are of high quality.
- Regularly interacts with management and other organizations on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Prepares and presents technical information concerning NuScale projects to the NRC, potential customers, and other stakeholders on behalf of NuScale.
- Performs or coordinates special studies, analysis, and design decisions to address unique operational and design related issues as they arise. Where appropriate, develops cost estimates to support appropriate studies, analyses and design decision alternatives.
- Understands and applies expert level knowledge of nuclear power plant operational principles, techniques, and practices to support Standard Design Approval development.
- Provides resolution for complex problems using professional operational principles and company objectives to resolve unique situations.
- Performs design reviews to ensure the NuScale plant can be operated and maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develops operating and maintenance procedures needed for normal, abnormal, and emergency operations.
- Develops training material needed to ensure staff can operate the NuScale power plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Interfaces with potential customers, investors and the NRC in order to support the marketing and licensing of the NuScale design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity. Able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Able to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
- Quality Assurance: Committed to the understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards, and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education/Certification: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, Human Factors Engineering, or Industrial Psychology from a four year accredited college or university is required. Previously held an SRO or RO license or an SRO certification is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 8 years of full-time working experience in the commercial nuclear power industry is required. Direct experience working in the Training Department highly desired. Plant operations, procedure development, and human factors engineering experience is preferred.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
NuScale Power, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
NuScale Power, LLC
ScienceView all jobs at NuScale Power, LLC