Mortgage Underwriter *Non-Remote*
NuMark Credit Union Crest Hill, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
This role analyzes loan transactions and documentation to determine credit quality and conformance with mortgage secondary market standards. Reviews investor programs and guidelines to provide operating guidelines for successful origination and sale of loans.
- Responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor standards
- Responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may be required to work with mortgage operations manager on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits
- Includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels
- Meet established productivity levels and turn times as set by manager.
- 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
- 3+ years of FHA/VA, Conventional, and USDA/RD underwriting experience
- Experience with underwriting to multiple lender guidelines and requirements
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae/DU and Freddie Mac/LP guidelines and automated underwriting systems
- Critically examine credit, income and asset documents and review title policy and appraisals
- Encompass and GUS experience are preferred.
ABOUT NUMARK CREDIT UNION
NuMark's mission is to enrich the financial lives of our members. We offer a full menu of financial services from mortgage and auto loans to free checking accounts and business services. We are dedicated to treating our members like family and helping them save money, so they can achieve their financial dreams.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NuMark Credit Union where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
NuMark Credit Union
AddressCrest Hill, IL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at NuMark Credit Union