NuCal Foods Job Description
Job Title: Retail Merchandising Specialist (RMS)
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Retail Supervisor
This is a CPG/Food merchandising and sales position with primary responsibility for grocery retailers in an assigned geography to ensure proper product representation, quality and freshness, and point of sale material for Eggland’s Best and other company brands. The focus will be on product merchandising, creating and managing valuable business relationships, meeting sales objectives, and implementing plans as assigned, while working collaboratively and professionally with team members and management.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Build rapport with store dairy managers in order to teach them the merits of the brands, close distribution voids, and sell in new products and additional facings, as well as advise personnel of upcoming promotions. Specific tasks include:
- Input data into a hand-held tablet device regarding condition of store in relation to our brands and competition.
- Audit dairy cooler to ensure proper back stock as well as bring product to dairy aisle and fill shelves.
- Audit product shelf codes and remove all out of date product.
- Reset store’s egg section and place point of sale material as needed.
- Take photos using hand-held tablet upon each store visit.
- Retail Price Survey taken and reported to management each week.
- A supplemental week-ending report is generated by Specialist to recap details of the work week to include hours worked, miles driven, cases stocked, etc.
- Sales and Interpersonal Skills – Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills. Demonstrate an ability to relate to and professionally deal with customers, associates, and management.
- Communication Skills – Provide accurate, timely and consistent information to the Retail Supervisor, be able to interpret direction and demonstrate what is being asked, build a professional relationship with dairy managers. Educate store personnel and customers about our products.
- Employee Attitude – Demonstrate a strong interest in all job responsibilities. Be recognized by others as an enthusiastic team player. Develop good working relationships with all associates.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Schedule calls for retail field representation of 24 hours per week – Part time employment status.
- Work hours should be scheduled between the hours of 6:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Provide a weekly schedule to supervisor.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- Competitive hourly rate contingent upon experience, contest participation available. Car and communications allowances.