NuCal Foods, Inc.
Job Title: Entry-Level Accountant
The accountant will be performing a variety of tasks to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial data. This includes in-depth analysis of financial data and providing support to the various functions of the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the completion of the period-end close assignments.
- Prepare journal entries to record recurring and non-routine transactions.
- Help draft period-end internal financial statements.
- Update schedules used in the reporting and analysis of the financial statements.
- Complete period-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the general ledger coding of accounts payable transactions.
- Reconcile and prepare member production disbursements.
- Maintain and update fixed asset schedules.
- Generate and prepare schedules and reports requested as part of annual financial statement audit and bank examination.
- Assist in the preparation of annual property tax statements and quarterly sales tax returns.
- Provide support in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and member production.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college/technical school or combination of education and experience. Experience in the food and agriculture industry preferred but not required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, and MENTAL DEMANDS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Highly organized and with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to apply complex problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Familiarity with BI tools preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.