Nu-Calgon Maryland Heights, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee warehouse inventory and staff.
- Assists Director of Logistics with hiring and training of new and temporary shipping employees.
- Schedules and oversees warehouse staff, including daily allocation of orders through warehouse management system.
- Coordinates with Director of Logistics to conduct performance evaluations for warehouse staff that are timely and constructive.
- Help maintain a strong culture that creates a positive, supportive and safe work environment for all warehouse staff.
- Assist in warehouse as needed to pick inventory for customer orders and/or receive and record new inventory as it is delivered and inspect/store it according to policy.
- Monitors inventory levels; coordinates replenishment of stock in picking locations as necessary.
- Works with receiving team and quality team to address any received items that do not meet quality standards.
- Ensure all shipped orders shipped are recorded in the warehouse management system.
- Schedules materials being transferred to and from warehouse with third-party packagers.
- Coordinates and conducts cycle counts and physical inventory; reconcile any differences to WMS.
- Coordinates receipt and resolution of returned items.
- Collaborates with Director of Logistics, Warehouse Receiving Supervisor and other departments as needed to develop procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices.
- Ensures that the necessary equipment is available and in working order to complete assignments, resolves routine equipment issues and ensures equipment is charging at shift end.
- Keeps team members informed about rules, regulations, policies, and objectives
- Enforces operating instructions and safety policies.
- Resolves conflicts that arise among team members and/or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate team to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to solve conflicts among coworkers.
- Ability to remain organized and have attention to detail.
- Must be prompt, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with data entry and inventory software and systems.
- Certified to operate a forklift.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Business or similar discipline preferred. If not obtained, 5+ years work experience in similar role required.
- 5+ years of experience in distribution or manufacturing required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing on a forklift.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds at times.
Nu-Calgon is a fast-growing, privately held company that markets and distributes a complete line of specialty chemical products for the HVAC/R, plumbing, and food service aftermarkets. Nu-Calgon has a rich history in the industry as a leader in the chemical aftermarket for over 85 years. The company is strategically headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and has an extensive direct factory sales force supporting North America.
AddressMaryland Heights, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Nu-Calgon