- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking for limit-less career opportunities? Do you have a growth mindset, and like to take initiative? If yes, then Ntiva is the right place for you! At Ntiva, growing people (our employees, partners, and clients) is our mission. As one of the fastest-growing managed services companies in the country, our growth is fueled with a laser focus on building a powerhouse of tech talent, leveraging state-of-the-art technology platforms, and automating routine services where possible so that our people can be elevated to provide strategic advice.
Ntiva ranks in the top 30 MSPs nationwide and operate out of many strategic locations across the United States, where we specialize in helping organizations solve their complex IT challenges, help with strategic direction, proactively manage IT infrastructure, and protect people, platforms, networks and data around the clock with our advanced security solutions.
The Managed Services Systems Engineer will use professional technology skills and experience to maintain and enhance all network infrastructure, server/storage hardware, virtualization technology, application management and end user support for various Clients. This position participates in the planning and implementation of system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with the company workflows and processes, while following industry best practices. The (SE) is responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing network and systems infrastructure solutions for our customers. The ideal individual for this role will need to demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, as well as a passion for Information Technology. The (SE) must be a team player, yet work well independently. He or she is a consummate IT professional, detail oriented and self-motivated individual who excels at successfully and efficiently solving end-user IT problems.
Summary of Location and Hours
- Field Operations Position - most of your time will be spent on the road in the DMV area at client sites.
- Monday – Friday approximately 8am – 5pm. Some on call work may be necessary
- Serve as primary engineering contact for Managed Services Clients. Assist Clients onsite and remotely as needed.
- Set up and install new systems and network equipment
- Identify and resolve network and related system performance problems
- Perform Best Practices Administration of (SANDSS):
- Keep abreast of latest technology and industry trends, recommend equipment and system enhancements, upgrades and/or replacements as necessary to meet the IT needs of the organization
- Maintain and update client documentation and diagrams
- Troubleshoot server, workstation and network related problems
- Interface with external vendors as necessary
- Resolve problems with data backup systems and maintain recovery procedures
- Support of client systems on a regular, scheduled and emergency basis
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for various technologies widely adopted across company clients
- Report to the company Managed Services Manager
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Microsoft Windows experience including system implementation, management and documentation
- Network infrastructure administration of routers, firewalls and switches
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Hands-on in a help desk environment and consulting experience is preferred
Required Education / Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
Preferred Experience / Education
- Desired certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator/Expert
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Routing and Switching)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA – V)
- Experience with ConnectWise family of products or similar service management system is preferred
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds often
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds rarely
- Must be able to perform occasional bending, kneeling, squatting, and turning.
- Must be able to perform occasional reaching over shoulder height, waist level and from floor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Must be able to drive / sit for extended periods of time.
- Fast Paced Environment with competing priorities
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you reside and access to an insured vehicle for travel to client sites / office.
- Ability to work in an office environment while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employee and family
- 401k + company matched contributions 4% match on 5% contribution – Employee and Company contribute after 90 days – no vesting period!)
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage (company provided)
- Short-Term (voluntary enrollment) and Long-Term Disability coverage (company provided)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Options / PPO Options
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) + 2 Floating Holidays
- Bonus plans
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Employee Referral Program – the more you refer the more you earn!
- Dynamic Recognition and Rewards
- Work with Industry-Leading Talent
- Clear Promotion and Advancement Tracks
Ntiva provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected status. Ntiva complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
TechnologyView all jobs at Ntiva