- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Located in Howard County, Maryland, Nteligen engineers solutions to the challenges of information movement. We perform active cyber risk prevention in everything we do. Nteligen likes to solve hard problems and is known to take on an array of different types of work, including software engineering, technical research, product assessment, security assessment, and cyber consulting.
This position will utilize a mix of skills that will challenge a person’s ability to create an automated test environment of systems complex information systems. Successful candidates will use their knowledge of IAAC (Vagrant, Ansible) and CI (Jenkins) to build out both functional and security-driven tests. This position will support multiple efforts and will require the ability to multi-task while managing their time efficiently.
The responsibility of the Test Engineer includes the design, development, and deployment of a software development lifecycle (SDLC) environment and associated documentation according to defined requirements. The Testing Engineer’s duties include testing, implementing test environments, monitoring security and functional measures of computer systems, applications, and information systems, and conducting independent research tasks. Also, the Test Engineer assists in defining system security requirements, test plans, and tasking working in the full development lifecycle. The successful candidate will work on systems in development and perform reviews of products currently in the marketplace. The Test Engineer qualifications include the ability to prepare and document test cases, configuring and troubleshooting information systems. Testing devices to ensure security and functional compliances. The Test Engineer will write comprehensive reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes, test plans, test reports, and propositions for further system security enhancements. The Test Engineer will provide specific support to multiple projects and provide guidance and feedback to other Test engineers.
BS degree in engineering, scientific, or systems management (4 years of experience may be substituted for a BS degree) and 5 years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Linux based test environment
- Experience implementing software development lifecycle (SDLC) environments
- Experience using source code management systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial)
- Experience performing system integration
- Experience with agile development processes
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with working with Virtual machines
- Experience with automating test procedures
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Security development experience
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python)
- Familiar with Ansible or similar tools
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Preferred (but not required):
- Cloud experience
- Experience working with containerization.
- CEH certification, Sec+
- Familiar with Government Information Assurance standards including NIST SP 800-171, SP 800-53, DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and CNSSI 1253.
- DoD Approved 8570 Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) certification.
TechnologyView all jobs at Nteligen