Established Montgomery County manufacturing company is seeking a Business Unit Manager to lead the operations of a growing business unit. The BUM will be responsible for the management of a mid-size manufacturing team (11 direct reports/40 indirect reports) in a state of the art manufacturing facility. GREAT opportunity to grow your career!
- Train and develop supervisory and technical staff to accomplish operating requirements within assigned departments. Make recommendations to Human Resource Department for employee development and training programs.
- Assure all departments employ safe work practices and adhere to safety guidelines. Enforce safety guidelines through supervision.
- Assure that attention to quality standards and specifications are met and maintained. Develop quality of work standards for each department and insure that training takes place.
- Oversee Technical Sales function for products including:
Ensure timely and accurate submittal of customer quotations
Purchase order entry and customer confirmations
Communicating purchase order status to customers
- Oversee Process Planning function for medical products including the following
Assist Customer Service in providing timely and accurate quotes to customer
Develop material master, bill of material and routing in SAP system
Interact with customers on manufacturing issues
Interact with production employees on manufacturing issues
- Oversee all Programming Activities
Creation of machine programs
Identification of proper tooling
- Oversee all Production Activities
In Process Quality Monitoring
- Oversee creation and Issuing of Production and Purchase Orders
Ensure timely release and scheduling of all production and purchase orders
Oversee outside processes and ensure capable sources are identified
Monitors pricing and delivery of outside vendors
Provide training to production planners and master scheduler in the proper use of MRP software.
Analyze work order release strategy with the planners and provide feedback
- Oversee all Production Supervisor Activities
Train and Develop employees to meet day to day production requirements
Assure that attention to quality is maintained
Assure that machinery is maintained and in working order
Provide safe and efficient work environment
- Communicate effectively with other department managers, supervisors and employees to ensure timely resolution of problems and accomplishments of department and company objectives.
- Technical Aptitude: 4-year degree in a major related to engineering or business
- Leadership: Previous supervisory or managerial experience in similar role
Previous experience supervising production and production planning (SAP experience helpful)
- Problem Solver: Must exhibit problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions
- Collaborative: Must show ability to work with employees, managers and directors
- Communicative: Must show ability to communicate well with employees, managers and directors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
**Local candidates only - no relocation offered**
For immediate consideration, please submit a current resume with salary requirements.