NetSuite Financial Controller
Now Hiring You Boca Raton, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The holder of this position must have a dedicated focus upon financial controls, maintaining audit ready status, and managing the day-to-day accounting processes, while modeling appropriate professional and team behaviors. The Controller requires the ability to work effectively with team members at all levels, and with corporate and executive management. The Controller will often be working independently, but also needs to work as a team member.
- Ensures proper use and accuracy of the General Ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing and financial statement reporting (consolidated balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow; gross sales margin, manufacturing expenses, SG&A expenses).
- Maintains trial balance.
- Responsible for debt and equity accounting.
- Responsible for key mater data across the ERP system such as customer segment codes for FP&A reporting.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly state sales and use tax returns ensuring compliance.
- Coordinates external audits (financial, tax, insurance, benefits).
- Ensures accurate content of the annual audited financial statements and footnotes.
- Manages the processes for daily cash management including A/R, A/P, bank reconciliation, cash deposits, and cash forecast updates.
- Manages inventory, product cost accounting, product bill of materials and gross profit reporting.
- Creates and maintains company accounting policies and guidelines, ensuring consistency with our accounting practices and compliance with US G.A.A.P.
- Creates and maintains internal control policies and ensures compliance.
- Manages audit service providers and oversees all compliance.
- Manages tax service providers and tax compliance.
- Provides support to the business by maintaining KPI reporting and preparing ad-hoc analyses.
- Drives process improvement.
- Manages and ensures accuracy of inventory by establishing cycle count practice.
- Provides oversight of health insurance account payments and account reconciliation.
- Manages payroll processing including commission payments.
- Completes government surveys and inquiries, (e.g., US Government business census reports.)
- Mentor others in the organization to help elevate performance.
- Other duties as directed.
- Must demonstrate sufficient cognitive ability to resolve complex problems using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Must demonstrate sufficient ability to use both deductive and inductive reasoning in the analysis and reporting of data.
- Must be willing and able to work long days and weekends to meet the needs of the business, as required.
- Must be able to sit and focus on computer screens for extended periods of time.
- B.S. Degree in Finance or Accounting (M.S. or MBA preferred).
- Minimum of three years in a controller position overseeing all aspects of accounting, or a combination of relevant public accounting and ERP implementation experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of ERP systems, preferably NetSuite financial platform.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and Word, and other desktop software applications.
- The right person for this position has a “can do attitude”, the ability to be part of a fast-paced growth-oriented team while operating independently, and consistently performing to high standards.
Now Hiring YouWhy Work Here?
We are a South Florida based recruiting firm focused on great matches for our candidates and clients.
We are a top South Florida Recruiting firm specializing in both Legal and Financial Recruiting.
AddressBoca Raton, FL
Finance and Insurance