Novum Underwriting Partners is a Wholesaler/MGA/Program Administrator offering multiple commercial insurance products. Our specialties include Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property and Automobile. We provide approved retail agents commercial insurance quotes underwritten both in-house and by our highly rated insurance carrier partners. We are locally owned and located in Aurora, Ohio.
Novum is a relatively new company and as such offers a great deal of opportunity for advancement. Our office environment offers a great combination of relaxed, fast paced professionalism.
Being part of a small company offers the successful candidate an opportunity to make a significant impact almost immediately.
- Write new and renewal workers’ compensation insurance policies to meet company written premium goals.
- Evaluate applications, reports, information, and coverage requests and apply departmental and regulatory guidelines to determine risk acceptability.
- Negotiate account pricing and coverage with agents within a designated level of authority.
- Participate in the management and development of an assigned group of agents through field visits, completion of service requests, and identifying and pursuing appropriate business opportunities.
- Analyze workload, establish priorities, and manage the desk to focus on agents' needs, while meeting quality and time service standards for processing.
- Act as an underwriting subject-matter expert and provide technical assistance and training to other underwriters, for senior level.
- Minimum 5 years of worker’s comp underwriting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate coverage terms and conditions
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize daily work responsibilities
- Ability to take initiative and recommend changes to improve operational performance
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CPCU, CIC, ARM and other recognized industry-related designations
- Applied EPIC agency management system experience
We provide excellent benefit packages and compensation structure. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a lot of room for advancement, apply today!