Position: AM COOK
Purpose: To provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all food.
Reports to: Chef & Beverage Director, Kitchen Supervisor, and Lead Cook
- Preparation of all hot and cold foods.
- Cook must work along with Lead Cook and Chef and Beverage Director to ensure quality meets specs and guarantees.
- Cook will ensure quality of hot foods; main entrees, starch and vegetables are of highest quality available.
- Assists in the lowering of food cost and waste.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Required to learn all menu items: Restaurant, In-Room Dining, Pool Bar, Lobby Bar and Banquets.
- Fulfill guest requests for preparation of menu items and special requests.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Assists with the storage and delivery of goods in the coolers, and dry storage.
- Assists with the cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen areas to include stewarding and halls.
- Assists with inventories when required.
- Perform all kitchen side work as designated by the supervisor.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during meal periods, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Responsible for setting up kitchen area.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Ability to open and close the kitchen shift assigned.
- Must be able to use Silverware to receive the orders.
- Must be able to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with all food and beverage servers, bartenders and stewarding staff to create cohesiveness in F&B.
- Control heavy volume at the kitchen.
- Cook for cafeteria
Tools and Equipment:
- Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives.
- Oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances
- Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Follows Novotel grooming standards and uses proper vocabulary.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts, carrying boxes and supplies.