Novolex Holdings, LLC Brownsville, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Safety Manager Job Description
The Safety Manager is responsible for the Company’s safety strategy and the development of safety policies and practices. The incumbent is responsible for providing and promoting a workplace focused on compliance with all Federal, State and Local Industrial Standards. This position will assist management to formulate strategic business plans concerning environmental, health and safety decisions as well as plan and implement the plant’s safety and security programs to ensure an accident free work environment is provided.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide Safety Training for employees, assuring that we are providing a safe and secure work environment.
- Oversee the investigation of work related illness and injuries; investigating all Company accidents, determining the “root cause” and assuring corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare OSHA and other governmental reports as required. Ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Assist with Corporate projects and prevent accidents that have a potential liability for the Company.
- Prepare and distribute reports on safety metrics such as leading indicators and incident rates.
- Direct the development and implementation of health and safety programs for the protection of Company personnel, outside contractors, and customers.
- Administer and manage Worker’s Compensation claims for the plant, communicating with the carrier about the most effective method to control and reduce cost.
- Conduct plant audits, identifying hazards and developing safety training, managing personal exposure assessments.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously with a hands on approach in a fast pace environment –must be organized, able to work independently, capable of multi-tasking and achieving results.
- Responsible for keeping State Drug Free certification current and training employees on a drug free workplace.
- Lead and manage the investigation of near miss incidents and injuries and in the preparation of material and evidence for use in investigations.
- Organize and direct employee Safety Committee, holding meetings to increase employee awareness on Safety.
- Responsible for interacting with Local, State and federal agencies to assure compliance with laws pertaining to safety, health and environmental.
- Perform facility Audit to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for accompanying sick/hurt/injured employee to the appropriate medical facility and remaining with them until family member arrives or treatment is complete.
- Communicate with Company Attorneys and attend settlement hearings for injured employees.
- Responsible for plant security - communicate and direct plant security company.
- Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements
- Responsible for receiving and compiling plant SDS’s.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Must have good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Project Management Software.)
- Must have effective organizational and management skills.
- Must be certified in CPR, First Aid, AED and Blood Borne Pathogen to provide training in the Corporation.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn and continuously strive for improvement
- Must be a team player that interacts effectively with co- workers in group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Ability to function under pressure and able to prioritize numerous tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Should be familiar with unionized environment.
Please no recruiting agencies
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company's application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novolex Holdings, LLCWhy Work Here?
Competitive benefits, 401K, PTO, growing company!
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial markets. Our products offer superior performance, provide convenience, reduce waste and support food safety and hygiene for the benefit of millions of people who use our products every day. Our ability to meet their needs reflects the wide diversity of our products and the commitment to quality embraced by our more than 10,000 employees. With 60 manufacturing facilities and administrative offices in North America and Europe, including two world-class plastic recycling facilities, we are close to our customers and ready to serve them through our Food & Delivery and Performance Solutions segments.