At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the Company’s safety strategy and the implementation of safety policies and practices. The incumbent is responsible for providing and promoting a workplace focused on compliance with all Federal, State and Local Industrial Standards. This position will assist management to formulate strategic business plans concerning environmental, health and safety decisions as well as plan and implement the plant’s safety and security programs to ensure an incident free work environment is provided.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide Safety Training for employees, assuring that we are providing a safe and secure work environment.
- Oversee the investigation of work related illness and injuries; investigating all Company accidents, determining the “root cause” and assuring corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare OSHA and other governmental reports as required. Ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Assist with Corporate projects and prevent incidents that have a potential liability for the Company.
- Prepare and distribute reports on safety metrics such as leading indicators and incident rates.
- Direct the development and implementation of health and safety programs for the protection of Company personnel, outside contractors, and customers.
- Administer and manage Worker’s Compensation claims for the plant, communicating with the carrier about the most effective method to control and reduce cost.
- Conduct plant audits, identifying hazards and developing safety training, managing personal exposure assessments.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously with a hands on approach in a fast pace environment –must be organized, able to work independently, capable of multi-tasking and achieving results.
- Lead and manage the investigation of near miss incidents and injuries and in the preparation of material and evidence for use in investigations.
- Organize and direct employee Safety Committee, holding meetings to increase employee awareness on Safety.
- Perform facility Audit to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for plant security - communicate and direct plant security company.
- Responsible for receiving and compiling plant SDS’s.
- Assist HR Manager with various administrative tasks such as, but not limited to tracking and maintaining attendance records, manage and maintain filing system, administer vacation eligibility and approval process, and assist with new employee on-boarding.
- Responsibility for food safety and GMP’s.
- College Degree Preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.)
- Must have effective organizational and management skills.
- Must be willing to be certified in CPR, First Aid, AED and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn and continuously strive for improvement
- Must be a team player that interacts effectively with co-workers in group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Ability to function under pressure and able to prioritize numerous tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Detailed and results oriented.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.