At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
1st Shift: 7am - 3pm, Mainly M-F, some weekends
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing effective leadership by supporting the safe workplace initiatives, developing positive employee relations, identifying and implementing plans that result in Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance and Cost Reduction. They are also responsible for the direct oversight, supervision, training, development and support of production employees. The production supervision duties are mostly hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all shift employees.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures shift employees are following safe work practices and procedures consistently and completely
- Audits for compliance and addresses safety issues in a timely manner
- Works safely and is proactively involved in plant safety improvement efforts
- Conducts safety and job function training for shift personnel
- Trains shift associates in proper procedures, coaches them to improve results, and evaluates performance
- Troubleshoots and resolves process, equipment and material issues in conjunction with machine operators and support personnel
- Interprets work orders and specifications to shift associates
- Leads and/or assists shift associates in problem resolution and supports efforts to determine root cause and develop corrective actions
- Studies and understands production schedule and deploys available labor and other resources
- Spot checks product quality and ensures specifications are being met and quality procedures are being followed
- Recommends measures to improve safety, production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and reduction of waste
- Suggests changes in procedures, labor utilization, use of equipment, and materials to increase efficiency of plant, shift, department or work cell
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate associates to achieve work goals
- Double-checks, ensures accuracy, and finalizes production paperwork including production reports, work order documentation, safety and sanitation documents, quality records, finished goods tickets, etc.
- Maintains employee time clock information and submits to plant Human Resources for payroll processing
- Coordinates labor needs with plant Human Resources
- Interprets Company policies, rules and regulations to shift associates
- Communicates regularly and effectively with in-coming and off-going shift leaders about issues occurring on previous, current or following shift
- Communicates effectively and appropriately at the necessary frequency with subordinates, peers and superiors
- Performs activities of associates supervised, as needed
- All other projects and duties, as assigned
- Associate's degree (preferably in a business, technical or behavioral science discipline) preferred
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt) preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 to 10years of successful production supervision experience required
- Computer systems knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM and/or ISO is preferred
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations
- Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly associates, management, and peers
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing
Please no recruiting agencies
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company's application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novolex Holdings, LLC