Novolex™ employs over 10,000 people across the globe. We strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Inspect and pack product manufactured on high-speed paper converting equipment in compliance with Safety Programs and Quality Assurance Systems to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Inspect and pack product per customer specification using safe work practices.
- Notify the Operator when product does not meet quality specifications; assist with resolution.
- Read, understand, and correctly complete daily paperwork.
- Read & understand Production Order Packet (POP); set up work area using materials as specified in the POP; replenish materials as needed.
- Assist the Operator with set-up and/or change over activities as directed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Complete assigned duties in compliance with company policies & procedures.
- Actively engage in safety programs.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Stable work history; six months experience in a manufacturing environment or other physical labor job is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to an accident-free and drug-free workplace.
- Quality-conscious, oriented to excellence.
- Strong work ethic evidenced by enthusiasm, positive attitude, and high energy level.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Record of dependability & reliability.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, squat & stoop; reach with hands and arms; and use hands and fingers to feel, handle, push/pull levers & buttons, and operate various tools.
The employee must repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America's leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 62 facilities around the globe, including the worlds' largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 10,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, Heritage Bag®, Burrows Packaging, Sheilds andThe Waddington Group.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- Novolex's™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex'ssustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at:www.novolex.com
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company's application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex Holdings, LLC