At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Job Title: Day Maintenance Technician/Pre Press Tech
Department: Preprint/Day Maint Tech – Richmond
Reports To: Plant Engineering Manager
Responsible for operation of preprint functions, handling adjustments and settings as needed.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to
- All established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate
- Action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy;
- Ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures including but not limited to equipment and pre-shift hoist inspection.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality
- Products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection,
- Safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Meet or exceed work rates established for each run.
- Responsible for overall of Operation of printer auxiliary equipment to include pumps,
- inks pans, doctors blades and all associated equipment, all support printing
- Providing infrastructure support to the plant: filters, cleaning, mechanical repairs and
- other duties as assigned
- Participating in weekly converting and extrusion PMs.
- Set & maintain press settings throughout the press run, production run.
- Keep accurate on all required activities.
- Input data into computer as needed.
- Install doctor blades and assemblies as required.
- Change anilox and rubber rolls as needed.
- Work with outside vendors and customers.
- Check printing cylinders and anilox rolls and clean or repair as require
- Assist in converting and press troubleshooting as required
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Job Duties for those assigned to hazardous waste:
- Satellite accumulation of waste in workplace.
- Labeling of Hazardous Waste.
- Hazardous Waste container management.
- Forklift Training- Hazardous Material Handling.
- High school diploma, GED, or applicable work experience
- One to three years of experience driving a forklift is necessary
- Must be able to pass forklift training
- Must be able to operate motorized vehicle and possess a valid state driver's license.
- Prior printing experience (preferred)
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.