At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
This position is responsible for leading the day to day aspects of accounting and reporting, including, but not limited to areas of manufacturing, sourced goods, outbound freight and manufacturing material resources for the site operations. Partners with all levels of operations personnel and various levels of corporate personnel to coordinate day-to-day accounting activities for the plant, including full P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end close tasks including journal entries, accruals, fixed assets and intercompany transactions in a timely and accurate manner. Prepare and analyze account analyses, accounting support schedules, and other supporting schedules.
- Ensure all SOX and internal controls are in place and adhered to.
- Partner with the FP&A group to ensure accurate and timely reporting of business review metrics, operations reporting analytics, regular cost savings reporting, and all ad hoc operations finance requirements.
- Lead and provide support for operations management for all aspects of the site inventory production variance analysis and physical and cycle count inventory process and related reconciliations.
- Develop or refine management reporting tools to clearly communicate both tactical operations efforts and long term strategic plans for all operations functions.
- Ensure accurate annual costing of all operational functions. Use operational metrics to work with Finance and Operations leads to establish and achieve year-over-year improvements in cost of manufacturing components and identify issues/potential issues that can be pro-actively resolved.
- Work with operations teams to launch new functional operation support processes and financial reporting processes.
- Analyze and record inter-company transactions ensuring elimination.
- Calculate, analyze and record the inventory reserve requirements for the site.
- Provide operational finance support to all levels of the operations within the facility and Segment/Corporate. Need to be visible on the site operating floor, and interact and provide support to all levels of operations personnel. Need to partner with the Plant management team to increase plant efficiency and profitability.
- Work with external auditors for site requirements.
- Supervise and provide personal development for site accounting/finance personnel.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or equivalent; CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have advanced Excel/Microsoft office skills, Prior experience with an MRP/ERP system is strongly preferred. HFM and/or IFS experience is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills – ability to manage multiple priorities/projects
- Demonstrated success in process improvement techniques preferred
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within a team environment. Must be present and provide a meaningful impact in the day-to-day site operations
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publically post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at 800-845-6051.