The DSS, New Indications is a key position within the US Business Unit with a clinical trial patient focus. The primary role of this position is to support clinical trial oncology patients utilizing Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) therapy in the United States. Reporting to the US Manager, New Indications, the DSS, New Indications is an exempt, full-time, field-based position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continue to honor our "Patient Forward" mission
- Manage administrative tasks including expense reports, , equipment management, SAP interactions, office supplies/ordering, and office logistics (as applicable)
- Facilitate clinical trial patient starts and CRM entries
- Conduct regular clinical trial patient visits and provide the following: o Check technical status of devices and replace components as necessary
- Troubleshoot problems through a well-defined procedure
- Provide patient training and reinforce as applicable
- Perform data collection and analysis to offer feedback in the form of verbal communications or formal documentation
- Communicate usage number and evaluate extended breaks to optimize time on therapy
- Serve as technical interface between the Company and assigned medical centers
- Support SIVs and clinical trial patients as needed throughout North America
- Dedicate up to 80% of travel time to fulfill job responsibilities related to Site Initiation Visits and clinical patient support
- Understand protocol timelines and objectives for each active New Indication
- Serve as primary patient support by phone and in person as necessary, including beyond normal business hours and potentially weekends and holidays.
- Work independently while collaborating with cross functional team members
- Travel to patient homes and to physician offices
Educational Prerequisites & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree (or equivalent work experience) required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience as a Device Support Specialist (DSS) recommended
- Exhibit knowledge and understanding of clinical trial processes and clinical patient support
- Previous experience working with clinical trials and/or clinical patients a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in DSS role and responsibilities including:
- Mastery of TTFields explanation and implementation to patients in the clinical trial and/or commercial setting.
- Proven ability to work in a very dynamic organization with minimal supervision, good judgment, excellent written and oral communication skills and sound decision-making skills.
- Impact/Influence on the broader organization.
- Contributed to the collective knowledge base through initiatives beyond normal DSS duties.
- Proficiency in basic computer operations including but not limited to Microsoft Office, manipulating computer files, following test and troubleshooting procedures (experience with Concur, SalesForce, and SAP a benefit)
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- bilingual (Spanish/English) a strong plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Amount of travel required is dependent on patient needs and location and may include occasional overnight stays may require up to 50% travel
- Potential after hours on-call support for patients as needed
Patient-forward: aspiring to make a difference in cancer.
Our patient-forward mission
Together with our patients, we strive to extend survival in some of the most aggressive forms of cancer by developing and commercializing our innovative therapy.
Our patient-forward values
innovation focus drive
courage trust empathy
Job Posted by ApplicantPro