Multi-physician specialty practice has a need for an experienced LPN. The ideal candidate must have a valid LPN license in good standing with the state board of nursing. This is a full-time need. Previous experience working in an ob/gyn office is preferable.
Job Title: LPN
Reports To: Physician/Practice Administrator/Office Manager
General Summary of Duties: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to body fluids.
Typical Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical office environment.
Examples of Duties:
1. Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, such as charting.
2. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs, administers injections.
3. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
4. Applies splints and dressings.
5. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments.
6. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals and treatments.
7. Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
8. Answers the telephone, takes messages, provides information in accordance with established procedures.
9. Maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
10. Maintains patient charts, records and other information.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations and requirements for certification or licensure.
13. Provides patient education.
14. Participates in quality assurance and utilization review activities associated with a medical practice.
Maintains all office logs (including but not limited to: samples, injectibles, refrigeration and sterilization).
Notifies patients of test results and sends out test results.
Performs related work as required.
Qualifications: Knowledge of medical practice and desire to assist in giving patient care. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording test results. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education/Certification/Licensure: Graduation from an accredited nursing program. LPN license required.
Experience: At least one year practical experience as a medical assistant in a physician's office and/or successful completion of Medical Assisting externship in a physician’s office.
Novidea Healthcare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under applicable laws and further, to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or other protected veterans.