Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
Clearance: This position can accept a US Citizen without a clearance but who is able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability prior to the start of employment.
Time Type: Full-Time
Relocation Fees: No
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
NAVOI is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The Sr. Systems Administrator applies expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments for infrastructure support to an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior-level administrative expertise for an RHEL environment. Mentors junior system administrators and recommends design changes to improve the system operability.
- 6+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, Windows, VMware
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening, and maintenance - Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch - Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment - Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services such as LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management - Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)