If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally by discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is uniquely qualified to address the enduring need for innovative vaccines. We utilize our proprietary recombinant technology platform, which combines genetic engineering's power and speed to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles designed to address urgent global health needs. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world's most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
We are seeking Senior Research Associate to join our Clinical Immunology department in Gaithersburg, MD. This individual will play an important role testing clinical samples as well as in assay development and validation. Qualified individuals are expected to generate accurate high throughput clinical data following a Validated Hemagglutination Inhibition assay (HAI) in addition to training new technicians and leading a group of technicians in high throughput clinical testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in performing technical laboratory processes, including training on existing assays and clinical testing related activities as per schedule and under management discretion in a GCLP environment
- Individual will be required to perform routine assays with high sample throughput
- Individual will be required to record all data in specified formats (including electronic) following Good Documentation Practices
- Individual will additionally be responsible for activities related to assay development including optimization and validation of assays
- Individual will assist the Laboratory Lead or above with analysis and interpretation of clinical and/or experimental data
- Individual must ensure that corporate, quality, regulatory and safety procedures/requirements are being observed and followed at all times
- Individual will maintain accurate inventories and will be responsible for informing lab support about ordering supplies
- Individual will be responsible for facility housekeeping according to regulations
- Individual will be responsible for drafting SOPs, writing reports and presenting data in various formats
Specific Assay requirements:
- Individual will be responsible for performing HAI assays as per Manager's direction
- Individual will be responsible for performing Cell Culture activities as per Manager's direction
- Individual will be responsible for performing ELISA and cell based assays as per Manager's direction
- Individual will be responsible to design and execute experiments to bridge new lots of critical reagents under Scientist and Manager's discretion
- Individual will be responsible for performing validation of assays under Scientist and Manager's direction
- Individual will be responsible for troubleshooting assay related problems and perform follow up experiments for assays
- Able to peer review data for both Good Documentation Practices and scientific content
- Expected to play a key role in training analysts and to be able to delegate to analysts on day to day basis following direction from Lab Lead or Manager
- Master's degree in biological science, molecular biology, immunology, or equivalent years of relevant industry experience
- Must have 3+ years hands on Industry experience or collaboration with Industry with HAI assays
- Must have 1-3 years hands on Industry experience or collaboration with Industry with different types of ELISA assays
- Previous experience with cell-based assays (including RSV & Flu Microneutralization assays), preparing virus & cell banks, & cell culture highly desirable
- Familiar with aseptic technique and working in a BSL-2/BSL-2 plus laboratory
- Previous experience with high throughput and automated assays
- Working knowledge of colorimetric assays for enzyme activity and inhibition
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, SoftmaxPro GxP and LIMS
- Candidate must be flexible in time management
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and a team player who can work cross functionally; attention to detail is highly desirable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro