Senior Product Manager/Associate Product Director, Medical Education
Novavax Gaithersburg, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavaxis currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager/Associate Product Director, Medical Education to join our growing Marketing organization. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of opinion leader identification, development, and management. This individual will develop and execute an OL engagement plan that includes advisory boards, speakers' bureau, speaker training, and presentation materials. They will own the budget associated with OL activities and develop a dashboard to monitor and activities and events. As a member of the marketing team, this individual will be involved in the development of the marketing strategy and tactical plans from a medical education perspective for NVX-Co2373, the COVID-19 vaccine candidate, along with other vaccines in the pipeline.
This person will report to the Senior Director, Customer Marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing and Leading key components by:
- Lead the development and facilitation of key initiatives aligned with medical education of opinion leaders including: Speaker training, speaker programs, advisory boards, speaker presentations, and program activity reports
- Foster rapport and build relationships with OLs
- Collaborate with agency and cross-functional partners
- Demonstrate storyteller competency to develop insight-based content in partnership with OL's for broad and targeted dissemination to deliver on brand strategy
- Develop commercial advisory board plan, identifying scope and participants
- Develop and execute Congress plan, partnering with Medical, to ensure coordination and alignment of messaging and strategy; includes virtual and live congress booth development, product theater decks
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration, trust, inclusiveness, and personal development as part of the marketing team
- Responsible for medical education budget
- 5-8 years of biotech or pharmaceutical experience, including experience in commercial vaccine organizations
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in influencing change
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Highly organized and process driven
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise, skills, and aptitude to take informed, creative risks
- Relationship management experience, including prior experience working with OLs
- Strong presentation and training experience
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strength in storytelling, data visualization and developing effective presentations
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong learning agility and demonstrated success solving ambiguous business issues
- Ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers
- Team player
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Novavax