Associate Director, Legal Affairs, Contracts
Novavax Gaithersburg, MD
- Posted: May 21, 2021
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavaxis currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking an Associate Director, Legal Affairs, Contracts to join our collegial and highly experienced legal and contracts team. The ideal candidate will be a corporate and commercial attorney with at least 8 years of experience negotiating and drafting a high volume of contracts in the life sciences industry. The position will report to our Director, Legal Affairs, Contracts and will work closely with Novavax' contracting team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and negotiate complex contracts, including, but not limited to development and manufacturing agreements, advance purchase agreements, supply agreements, master service agreements, collaboration agreements, consulting and professional services agreements, confidential disclosure and data sharing agreements, material transfer agreements, information technology agreements, vendor agreements and statements of work
- Serve as a legal resource and mentor for the contracting team by (i) explaining contract and commercial law concepts and (ii) proposing creative solutions to negotiation impasses
- Assist with initiatives to improve the contracting process by reducing cycle times and increasing efficiency
- Assist with development of template agreements, alternative provisions and negotiation guidelines
- Educate internal clients about contract policies and processes
- Support strategic transactions (in and out licensing agreements, M&A, etc.), including coordinating and performing due diligence, reviewing transaction documents and collaborating with internal stakeholders and outside counsel/advisors
- Represent legal department and contracts function on cross-functional initiatives
- Juris Doctorate from accredited law school and license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- At least 8 years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, preferably in life sciences
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to provide practical, timely, and risk-appropriate legal counsel to a wide variety of internal clients and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Local candidates only
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
LegalView all jobs at Novavax