ESG Methodology Research, Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Novata is a public benefit corporation backed by some of the worlds leading foundations and private sector companies. Novata empowers general partners and private companies to collect, analyze, benchmark and report relevant ESG data. We are excited about our mission to work with the private markets to achieve a more sustainable and inclusive form of capitalism.
- We believe that through responsible environmental, social and governance practices we can drive progress and improve the future.
- Our team consists of individuals from diverse backgrounds. We intend for diversity to be one of our most important strengths, and so of course we are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply knowing that you will get a fair shot no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or veteran status.
- Together, we will build a culture of inclusion that enables each of us to perform at our best, and well have fun along the way.
About you and this role
- Novata's Methodology Department is looking for a Research Associate to:
- Research and keep abreast of recent ESG developments, this includes standards developments, regulatory changes, and best practices
- Support the development of ESG metrics and enhance Novatas metric library
- Assist the Sales and Customer Success teams with specific ESG-related questions posed by our end-users and clients
- The role will require frequent collaboration with the Marketing, Product and Revenue Departments, but will also have the ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for deadlines and deliverables.
- You will contribute to Novata's ESG methodology, alongside a growing team of strategists, data scientists, and ESG specialists.
- This role also offers a unique chance to work at the forefront of innovation, at the intersection of technology and ESG, while shaping Novata's research and product offering.
Some specific responsibilities
- ESG Research and Writing
- Draft weekly newsletter summarizing most significant developments in the ESG space
- Write research memos on specific ESG topics
- Author blog posts and white papers published by Novata
- Contribute to the Methodology Departments content calendar - with a focus on ESG education for external groups
- Support internal Novata ESG education program
- Following market trends, best practices, reporting frameworks and policy/regulation on ESG disclosure
- Develop ESG metrics
- Provide background research on specific ESG topics in order to enhance Novatas ESG metric library
- Support the Sales and Customer Success teams with ESG-specific queries
- Work directly with end-users and clients on their ESG-specific questions
- At least 2 years of experience in the ESG field
- Familiarity with ESG standards and reporting frameworks, including GRI, SASB, and TCFD
- A specialization in the Environmental field of ESG is a bonus
We want our employees to have the best opportunities at work and in life. We know that requires us to provide more than just a great place to work. We are committed to providing industry-leading benefits and flexibility that allows you to achieve all your life goals. Here are the important highlights:
- Competitive salary reviewed annually to account for market shifts
- Participation in company stock option plan
- Comprehensive health benefits packages (medical, dental and vision plan)
- Robust parental leave policy
- Flexible work environment with full support for remote work and access to an office in Manhattan
- Opportunities for personal development
- An experienced, mature, and extremely enthusiastic team that thrives on collaboration
Why Join Us?
Novata is a mission-first company built to enable the private markets to drive more impact. We are at the unique intersection of ESG, the private markets, and mission-driven impact. We are well-funded, have a top-tier executive leadership team, and are positioned for a successful commercial launch in the first half of 2022. We have a highly aggressive growth plan to establish ourselves as the industry leader of ESG with immediate plans for product and international expansion.
Members of our leadership team have been globally recognized for their success as leaders of large public companies, founders of successful startups, leaders of established ESG organizations, and builders of robust tech platforms. We are passionate, highly motivated, and experienced individuals who embrace our diverse backgrounds. Together, we will become the platform of choice and a catalyst for a change in the way business is done.
AddressNew York, NY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Novata