The nurse resident as a Registered Nurse (RN resident) serves as a leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or supports a peaceful death. The RN resident utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The RN resident accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and successful completion of the NCLEX required.
- Experience: None.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required. Refer to the Life Support Training Policy NH-HR-3096.
- Additional skills required: Willingness to learn and demonstrate excellent customer service, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, and critical thinking and information technology skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".