PS3 A4 SC3 (PM Network Operator)
Novalink Solutions LLC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area.***
***Regards to the RTR end date please enter 6/30/23.***
***This requisition will feature a virtual interview via Teams.***
***Do not resubmit candidates from past released req #s: 619260, 615447, 607948 & 682326.***
The PM Network Operator will provide first line technical support to employees and business partners calling the Infrastructure and Economic Development (IED) Delivery Center’s IT Service Desk outside of regular business hours. This position is onsite at The Server Farm in Harrisburg, PA.
The PM Network Operator has a rotating shift of every other Sat. & Sun. 5:30 AM – 5:30 PM and Wed. & Thurs. 5:30 PM – 5:30 AM.
For the required position training PennDOT will need the candidate in the office for the first week (8 AM – 4 PM Monday – Friday) to work with their daytime Network Operators and the ITSD team (also known as the Help Desk team).
This position requires a technical individual with a customer-service-minded approach to dealing with others. The individual will work closely with the PM Engineers, but must also be able to work independently, multitask by prioritizing and managing their own workload, and able to ensure prompt service and end-user issue resolution.
The PM Network Operator provides Service Desk Level 1 Support by performing the skills listed below.
• Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to technical and non-technical end-users calling for support of their IT hardware or software assets or needs.
• Creates and escalates Remedy trouble tickets to Engineers, tier two ITSD staff, and/or third-party service providers to ensure the quick resolution of IT issues.
• Works with PM Engineers, IED staff and contracted personnel, and/or third-party providers as needed.
• Researches and updates reference publications and diagnostic aids to seek information necessary to resolve end-user issues as needed.
• Follows IT Service Desk procedures and Network Operator run books and makes recommendations when improvements are needed.
• Promptly and properly escalates high priority issues.
Monitoring & Maintenance
• Actively monitors the status of the IED network and attached assets using established tools and promptly initiates appropriate actions.
• Actively monitors logs to ensure the successful completion of scheduled tasks.
• Actively monitors the Remedy ticket queue.
• Responds to outages and system failures using established escalation processes.
• Monitors the network operator inbox for any event messages and initiates action as needed.
• Monitors Server Farm building access.
• Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
• Acts as the primary information technology contact for all IED employees and business partners outside of regular business hours.
• Monitors the developer hotline during coverage hours.
• Issues network status updates using established procedures.
• Follows quality standards and displays strong customer service skills.
• Participates in account administration, including password resets, restores, and account moves via established Enterprise systems and operating procedures.
• Assists the daytime network operators with outstanding tasks.
• Updates network operator documentation and run books.
• Participates in disaster recovery.
• Completes assigned tasks.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; both written and spoken
• Ability to be clearly understood and has excellent phone etiquette
• Ability to support end-users with varying IT skillsets
• Ability to follow directions, especially when using established run books, documentation, and delivery center standard operating procedures
• Ability to adapt to change
• Detail oriented and resourceful
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to troubleshoot end-user issues and/or escalate as needed to ensure quick resolution
• Experience with incident management, call tracking, and ticketing software
• Basic Active Directory experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based products with an emphasis on Windows 10 and the Office 365 Suite
• Preferred 2+ years previous systems administrator, help desk, and/or call center experience
Required / Desired
2+ years previous systems administrator, help desk, and/or call center experience
Possesses excellent communication skills; both written and spoken
Ability to be clearly understood and has excellent phone etiquette
Ability to support end-users with varying IT skillsets
Ability to follow directions, especially when using established run books, documentation, and delivery center standard operating procedures
Ability to adapt to change
Detail-oriented and resourceful
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to troubleshoot end-user issues and/or escalate as needed to ensure quick resolution
Experience with incident management, call tracking, and ticketing software
Basic Active Directory experience
Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based products with an emphasis on Windows 10 and the Office 365 Suite
Novalink Solutions LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Novalink Solutions LLC
Get fresh Computer Network Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.