Physical Therapist- OP Ortho Montgomery County MD (PRN)
- Per Diem
Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapist (per diem)- Bethesda, MD and surrounding Montgomery County
Experience the power of physical therapy!
NovaCare in Bethesda, MD is seeking experienced local per diem (PRN) licensed physical therapists (PT) for our outpatient orthopedic centers in Bethesda and Silver Spring. Our referrals are growing and we expect this per diem (as needed) physical therapist to cover for our clinicians on an as needed basis in Montgomery County. An ideal PT has previous OP ortho experience as we are unable to consider new graduates at this time. Our centers open as early as 7am closing at 8pm. We are seeking a dependable, experienced and flexible licensed PTs who is able to treat, as needed, at our area centers for caseload influx, vacation and leave coverage.
Our community-oriented outpatient orthopedic center is looking for a per diem, compassionate, caring and driven licensed physical therapist to provide exceptional patient care to patients of all ages and abilities. Our highly trained and respected clinical team provides treatment services that maximize functionality and promote the best optimal outcomes for our patients. We utilize a variety of evidence-based treatments and manual therapy techniques to create individualized treatment plans focused on helping each patient achieve their specific goals and get back to the things that are important to them. Our work environment offers a great opportunity to provide skilled care to patients and grow with the nation's leader in outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Unique Location/Job Details: This is a per diem opportunity (as needed basis) for our Bethesda and Silver Spring outpatient centers.
This would be hourly paid position with the ability to participate in locally hosted CEU accrediting courses. No medical benefits are offered for per diem or PRN physical therapists, but we DO expect this opportunity to grow into steady hours soon.
For additional details, contact our regional recruiter, Shanel!
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
At NovaCare, a division of Select Medical, we deliver quality in all that we do. We treat each other with respect and promote a positive environment where people feel valued. At NovaCare, we encourage dialogue that fosters inclusivity and growth. We are honest and open in our relationships and straightforward in our communications. At NovaCare, we work together to achieve our company objectives.
- Understand appropriate state practice acts and adhere to the laws which govern how physical therapists may practice and whom physical therapists may supervise.
- Complete and maintain all corporate & clinical services required training and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom physical therapy is medically necessary and document this need clearly.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third-party payors at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by the center manager.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure or eligibility for licensure in the State of practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.Employment Type: PER_DIEM
50565 BethesdaBethesda, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.