Systems Engineer I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have a great opportunity for a SYSTEMS ENGINEER I. This position reports to our Managed IT Service Manager and is based out of the Malden office!
Our Systems Engineer team takes escalations from the Systems Specialist team and interface with vendors, primary contacts and the clients' IT Staff. The Systems Engineer role troubleshoots at the server and application levels often affecting the client's entire environment. Systems Engineers are tenacious in problem solving and take pride in bringing tough issues to a final and effective resolution in quick fashion.
Candidates must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, technical expertise, and critical problem-solving skills while supporting our customers’ networking infrastructure, servers, hardware, and line of business applications. Supported networks will be Microsoft based both on customer sites and hosted customer environments in our datacenter.
Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, multitasking, pro-active individuals who demonstrate the ability to go beyond text-book training to anticipate and prevent typical problems, as well as quickly and intuitively solve new problems.
· Managed Service Provider experience a must
· Certifications in networking and routing topologies highly desired - Fortinet, SonicWall, Cisco, Net+ wireless, VLANs
· 2+ years currently working in a core technical area
· 4+ years' experience in an IT department
· Experience with the following technologies: VMware, Microsoft RDS, Microsoft Server Operating Systems SAN
· Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent professional communication skills including excellent oral and written skills
· Be a contributing member of the highest escalation team on the support desk
· Troubleshoot server, storage, routing, networking, and connectivity issues in live production environments
· Understanding and troubleshooting problem/incident
· Incident resolution
· Documenting resolution of incident
· Determining incident root cause
· Making recommendations and defining action plans
· Mentoring Sharing Best Practice knowledge and lessons learned
· Assisting and providing guidance to peers
· Assisting in the improving the overall customer service experience
Novatech, Inc. Offers:
· Market competitive salary based upon experience
· Mileage reimbursement program
· Comprehensive benefit package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and other supplemental coverage
· 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
· Generous Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Floating Holiday, Company Holidays and Parental Leave
· $300 per year to contribute to achieving your personal wellness and fitness goals
· Employee Recognition Program
We offer training incentives and a fun, dynamic environment to challenge your skills and keep you technically sharp.
Novatech, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. We consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Nova TechWhy Work Here?
Novatech provides great benefits, competitive compensation, a positive upbeat culture and ongoing professional development for your career.
Digital Office Solutions, a division of Novatech, Inc., is a Managed Office Provider, offering a comprehensive portfolio of IT, Print, Cloud and Security solutions for organizations across the country. We are growing nationwide and expanding into new markets across the US. This growth has created additional opportunities for talented tech-minded individuals to join our team. Bring your career to Novatech and join our incredible team of Managed Office Experts.
TechnologyView all jobs at Nova Tech