Hope you are all staying healthy and safe! While there is an influx of change, we are still looking for talent.
Nova Partners is a technical construction management firm specializing in project management in the San Francisco Bay Area. We hire based on IQ, EQ, curiosity, aptitude, and passion with a focus on long-term career (not short-term fulfillment). We ensure our projects are deeply supported by managing every aspect of the construction process, utilizing our technical knowledge that is unsurpassed in the construction management industry for the past 27 years.
Our diverse project portfolio includes commercial real estate, biotech, healthcare, data centers, education, civic, energy, hospitality, and more for ground-up, renovations, and tenant improvement in both private and public sectors. You will have the opportunity to work on behalf of property owners, developers, and tenants to take ownership and make an impact on exciting, diverse, and complex projects from inception to delivery.
Our flat structure ensures you are supported on multiple levels, having accessibility to peers, Senior PM's, to hands-on Executives. We promote from within and celebrate a positive, inclusive work environment. If you've ever met our teammates, you'll notice they're truly the best and the brightest (view our team here).
Our latest job opportunity is for a Project Manager (PM). We’re ideally looking for an PM who has managed a variety of clients for projects $50M+ in the San Francisco Bay area. We have a variety of projects that need your help in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Redwood City, Sunnyvale, or Mountain View. For new projects you may help shape the project scope, elect the architect, general contractor, engineers, and all other required consultants to formulate the best-in-class team.
- Represent and interface with the owner to achieve the desired project at a competitive price, on schedule, and at the desired quality.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at all project stages.
- Attend owner, architect and contractor meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings, submittals and achieve intimate familiarity with the owners’ and architects’ intentions and requirements.
- Develop, manage, and analyze the project schedule showing design, permitting, approvals, construction and fit-up.
- Assist in preparing estimates or supporting our in-house estimator by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of the project.
- Review and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFI’s), substitutions, etc.
- Assist in preparing a site analysis for safety, quality, and logistics.
- Participate in value engineering sessions to help modify the design to reduce cost.
- Staff management (as assigned) which will include formal management of an Assistant Project Manager/small Project Management team, resource management, and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience at a respected general contractor, consulting construction management, or development firm.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real estate construction ideal, huge plus for project experience with hospitals, labs, and other complex projects.
- Experience working in the US. Project experience in California, especially in the SF Bay Area preferred.
- We seek those with intellectual curiosity, have a knack for critical problem-solving, and great sense of humor.
We look forward to speaking with you about the opportunity!
Our culture is inclusive, fun, motivated, diverse, and the most select in the industry. We are seeking those who also have intellectual curiosity, who are adept critical problem-solvers. Our Executive team values and celebrates our unique culture, who are deeply invested in your personal growth and development at all levels.