Nova Biomedical is looking for a Sr. Master Scheduler/Planner to join our team. In this role, the Sr. Master Scheduler/Planner develops, manages, and maintains production schedules and inventory levels for all Finished Good and Sub-assembly products under their control to ensure that both customer and internal requirements are met. The Sr. Master Scheduler/Planner works cross-functionally throughout the organization both within Operations and other key functions such as Order Service, Supply Chain, Engineering and Technical Service.
- Analyze forecasts and monitor demand history to determine production requirements and capabilities using long range capacity models and identifying bottlenecks in the manufacturing of finished goods supply.
- Plan, schedule and release weekly workload for each assigned department and operation according to established manufacturing routing and lead times.
- Communicate production requirements to assigned departments.
- Lead weekly production scheduling meetings with cross functional team members.
- Collaborate with team members and/or department managers to resolve constraints or delays of assigned products or components.
- Revise production schedules when required due to sales order changes, material shortages, and capacity constraints in collaboration with manufacturing.
- Lead and participate in problem solving events and continuous improvements projects to improve process effectiveness, efficiency, and performance.
- Communicates updated product availability information to Sales and other stakeholder groups.
- Assumes lead role in supply chain management activities for new product development.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience and strong understanding of ERP systems (SAP experience a plus), MRP, and inventory/demand planning.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast- paced product development and manufacturing environment with limited direction.
- Displays initiative and takes ownership of issues and challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 5-7 years of Master Scheduling/Production Planning in a Manufacturing environment and B.S. / B.A. degree preferred.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, delicious and company subsidized cafeteria and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.
Nova is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world and the largest privately owned in vitro diagnostic company in the United States.
Why Work Here?Nova Biomedical develops, manufactures, and sells advanced technology blood testing analyzers based on electrochemical and optical measuring techniques. We employ over 1,000 people, have sales and service subsidiaries in seven countries, and have distributors in over 90 other countries. Nova has manufacturing facilities in Waltham and Billerica, Massachusetts, as well as Taipei, Taiwan. Nova is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world and the largest privately owned in vitro diagnostic company in the United States.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401