Nova Biomedical is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) to join our team. In this role, you will ensure that Nova is a safe work environment for all employees through implementation of policies, trainings, procedures and culture of all Nova Waltham/Billerica facilities. This is a great opportunity for an EHS professional to be responsible for continuous improvement of an effective Environmental, Health and Safety program. Waltham, MA is both the headquarters and manufacturing facility.
- Interact with the various local, state and federal agencies such as MWRA, OSHA, DEP, EPA, Insurance carriers, Local Fire/Police, and many others for permitting and inspection requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and health regulations, as well as keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that potentially impact the organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of resource use, pollution reduction, waste management, environmental health, and risk assessment and employee involvement.
- Be responsible for identifying and remediating hazardous workplace conditions in Waltham and Billerica facilities.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the organization.
- Chair the Safety Committee each month and coordinate with members to complete action items.
- Lead and direct efforts of managers and employees on various safety initiatives at Nova.
- Train employees on company policies and regulations pertaining to employee safety in conjunction with Human Resources such as Blood Borne Pathogens, HazCom, Chemical Hygiene, LOTO, etc.
- B.S. degree or higher in Environmental field or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in EHS field.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health and safety functions within a manufacturing environment and the federal and state regulations pertaining a facility.
- Environmental or OSHA related training such as HAZWOPER, GHS, etc. is desired.
- Certification for Wastewater Management/Operator desired.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, delicious and company subsidized cafeteria and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.
Nova is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world and the largest privately owned in vitro diagnostic company in the United States.
Why Work Here?Nova Biomedical develops, manufactures, and sells advanced technology blood testing analyzers based on electrochemical and optical measuring techniques. We employ over 1,000 people, have sales and service subsidiaries in seven countries, and have distributors in over 90 other countries. Nova has manufacturing facilities in Waltham and Billerica, Massachusetts, as well as Taipei, Taiwan. Nova is one of the 25 largest in vitro diagnostic companies in the world and the largest privately owned in vitro diagnostic company in the United States.
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401