- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nouryon is a global leader in essential chemicals. The Company operates in over 25 countries and has approximately 8,000 employees. Nouryon is seeking a Chemical Operator to join its growing facility just outside of Green Bay in Howard, WI.
The Chemical Operator is self-directed and willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant. In addition, has the ability to perform several of the secondary job functions such as lab testing.
- Willing to learn and operate all expanders and packaging machines in the plant.
- Understands plant layout, main processes, product names, administrative processes, product specifications, and customer needs.
- Perform basic maintenance, general preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
- Can perform quality control including performing lab tests, documenting accurate results and generating lots.
- Log production and quality data into the computer system.
- Receive, unload all raw materials and independently package and load all finished products.
- Make process decisions and execute changes based on process data, quality checks and test results to keep products at target and within manufacturing specification to meet customer needs.
- Adjust production schedule to ensure customer needs are met.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes and then take appropriate actions.
- Perform basic system functions (SAP) such as purchase requisition generation, work order completions, receiving of goods, shipment confirmations and other functions as needed.
Education & Experience
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- 0-3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to interpret tanker calibration charts, convert of weight measurements, calculate product formulations, adjust product percent solids, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to assist in developing operating procedures.
- Capable of completing time sheets, utilizing the Performance & Development Dialogue (P&DD) system and willing to embrace any other system that is deployed to the plant site.
- Licensed forklift operation and ability to use pallet jacks or able to obtain a license.
- Basic literacy skills including the ability to read and comprehend instructions required to perform job function, to maintain batch sheets, logbooks and other job function forms and reports, to understand and express information and ideas verbally.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, SharePoint).
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and thorough with assigned work.
- Recognize and complete tasks before they are assigned.
Physical and Environmental
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to use a full mask respirator, half-face respirator, as well as a N95 mask.
Nouryon ChemicalsWhy Work Here?
Nouryon offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families.
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. The dedication of more than 8,000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
1501 Howard PlantGreen Bay, WI
ScienceView all jobs at Nouryon Chemicals