- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are pleased to announce the contingent opening for a Software Developer, who will join our Modeling & Simulation Team in Huntsville, AL and become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces. You will be part of a team known for being on the cutting edge of missile defense technology. This is a contingent job opening, dependent upon contract funding.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- working with a small development team to analyze the complicated problem of neutralizing missile threats before and after they launch
- implementing sensor and platform models and algorithms into an simulation framework in AFSIM to assess overall mission success
- developing new, creative algorithms to fuse multi-phenomenology sensor information
- communicating findings in briefings & reports as required
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a BA/BS degree at minimum in an engineering or analytical field. Also, we’re looking for someone with 3 years full-time professional experience in areas such as missile defense, software development, or modeling & simulation. Finally, you must possess an active Secret clearance. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- Python and C++ experience
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills to independently develop technical white papers, briefings, etc, as required to communicate complex technical issues to the customer and stakeholders
- Familiarity with AFSIM simulation platform
- Familiarity with tracking and sensor management
- Familiarity with Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems
- Familiarity with the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning
Other specifics about this position:
Confirmation that you have been vaccinated from COVID-19 or have submitted a request for religious or medical exemption will be required before employment begins.
Contingent upon contract award? No, this position is not contingent upon contract award.
Remote work option? No, this position does not have the option for remote work.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2021, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our compete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc