Purchasing Specialist (Program Support Specialist II)
Nou Systems Inc Huntsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
We are pleased to announce the opening for a Purchasing Specialist (Program Support Specialist II) who will (contingent upon contract award) join our Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Test Resources Directorate (DTR) Instrumentation Support Contract (DISC) Team in Huntsville, AL and become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces. You will be part of a team known for providing excellent support to Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) of Missile Defense System flight tests, ground tests and other related Department of Defense (DoD) activities.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You will provide security support for the DISC program which delivers support services for test instrumentation owned by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) supporting Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) of Missile Defense System flight tests, ground tests and other related Department of Defense (DoD) activities.
The overarching goal of DISC is to provide mission-ready instrumentation in accordance with schedules and locations for missiles system tests in all phases of flight. The requirement is to operate and maintain multiple test instrumentation systems; provide mission execution services; ensure test instrumentation systems are 100% mission-ready to collect, record, and distribute data to meet documented requirements. MDA DISC instrumentation includes the X-Band Transportable Radar (XTR) and Pacific Collector Range Safety System (PCRSS) to support flight tests over the broad ocean area (BOA). The XTR is installed onboard the SS PACIFIC TRACKER (PT) and the PCRSS is installed onboard MV PACIFIC COLLECTOR (PC) ships. The Test Support Systems (TSS) and the Missile Defense Agency Digital Display Distribution System (MD3S) are deployed across the MDA test architecture and partner agencies and collect, process, distribute, and display test data. The TSS and MD3S are planned to be replaced by the Mission Execution and Display Distribution System (MEEDS). In addition, the DISC requirements cover support to maintain cybersecurity compliance of the described systems and capabilities.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include the timely and cost-effective processing of a wide variety of purchase requests in accordance with nSI purchasing policies, the DISC contract requirements and Federal Acquisition Requirements (FARS). You will be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient purchasing activities and for establishing and for maintaining high standards of relationships with suppliers for the most cost-effective and favorable services. You will identify strategically important suppliers and negotiate contracts to ensure supply of critical materials and serve as the subject matter expert actively managing all aspects of DISC purchasing activities.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a Bachelor’s Degree at minimum, from an accredited college or university and 6-10 years of relevant experience. Additional related experience may be substituted for degree requirements: four (4) years additional related experience for Bachelors. Additionally, you must possess or have the ability to obtain an active Secret or TS clearance. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
You also must have:
- Demonstrated experience performing purchasing functions for a business, large project, or program.
- Ability to generate POs and required documentation,
- Capability to identify vendors, negotiate favorable terms, and expeditiously fill purchase requirements.
- Capability to work independently, participate on teams and provide purchasing support to a task, project or team while requiring minimal guidance and direction from more senior level staff.
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- Experience purchasing electronic equipment used for networking, data processing, recording, distribution and display.
- Experience supporting Government contracts and / or missile defense testing
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Self-starter that is able to effectively work independently
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Other specifics about this position:
Contingent upon contract award? Yes, this position is contingent upon contract award.
Remote work option? No, this position does not have the option for remote work.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2021, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc