Missile Defense System Architecture Design Engineer/Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are pleased to announce the opening for a Missile Defense System Architecture Design Engineer/Analyst, who will join our Engineering Services Division in Huntsville, AL and become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces. You will be part of MDA Chief Architect’s Architecture Design office (MDA/CAD) known for envisioning solutions and developing roadmaps for strategic, regional, area, and point defense against ballistic, cruise, and hypersonic missile weapon systems.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You will assist the architecture design team to draw ideas and concepts from the top experts in missile defense, best innovators, best technologists, best strategic thinkers, and best business case thinkers from across the nation from government, industry, entrepreneurial startups, and academia. You will provide architecture design solutions that are visionary and pragmatic, and you will assist in gaining the support for cooperation and integration of capabilities for missile defense with military services, DOD, other agencies, international partners, and within MDA. You will assist the architecture design team in developing missile defense architecture vision and strategies, roadmaps, and designs, resulting in top-level requirements for decomposition by MDA Systems Engineering. These products will be realized by DoD programs for future deployment to defend the US, deployed forces, allies, and friends for a 30-year horizon.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in engineering, math, science, or related technical area of study. Also, we’re looking for someone with 7+ years working on missile defense -related or other complex, large DoD program/project. You must have experience with the MDS or a comparably complex system of systems. Finally, you must possess or have the ability to obtain an active US Secret clearance, with a TS/SCI clearance preferred. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- Experience writing and coordinating engineering and technology integration and migration strategies
- Experience successfully leading matrixed, geographically diverse technical product and engineering project teams
- Ability to assist in developing technical and program solutions within environmental and leadership constraints
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and produce and present clear, concise, well-organized, and audience-relevant presentations and documents
- Ability to apply creative thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, and strategic thinking
- Experience working in the Missile Defense Agency or the Missile Defense mission domain
Other specifics about this position:
Confirmation that you have been vaccinated from COVID-19 or have submitted a request for religious or medical exemption will be required before employment begins.
Contingent upon contract award?
No, this position is not contingent upon contract award.
Remote work option?
No, this position does not have the option for remote work. MDA is currently operating in a partial telework status due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. When this period ends, all work is expected to be conducted on site at Redstone Arsenal.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2021, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc