nou Systems, Inc. (nSI) has an opening for a BMDS Systems Analyst to provide support to our Engineering Services Division Team. This position can be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado or Huntsville, Alabama. nSI is a rapidly growing technology company operating in the missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces across multiple U.S. sites.
The successful candidate will provide test support to the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Operational Test Agency (OTA) Team. The BMDS OTA Team provides an independent operational assessment of the BMDS capability to defend the United States, its deployed forces, friends, and allies against missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight.
As the independent operational assessment organization for the BMDS, The BMDS OTA Team is actively involved in test, assessment, and analysis tasks that occur in cooperation the Missile Defense Agency and Warfighter communities. BMDS OTA Team members have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of BMDS testing, from initial concept and requirements development to detailed analysis and assessment reporting.
nSI is looking for qualified and highly motivated individuals to join our team of highly skilled analysts and operational subject matter experts (SME).
This specific opening is for a technical analyst who can analyze and assess one or more component of the BMDS.
- Apply engineering principles and scientific investigative techniques to support planning, execution, analysis, assessment, and reporting on the strategic and theater/regional BMDS.
- Participate in meetings and test events, which may include overseas travel, and carefully document complete and accurate observations noted in test events.
- Perform detailed data analysis of test events to support assessments of the BMDS, and prepare briefings and reports summarizing analysis and assessments.
- Assess complex systems through synthesis of analytical results and expert judgment, review technical documentation, conduct analytical studies and prepare technical reports/briefings on research findings.
- More experienced candidates are also expected to demonstrate innovative application of technical skills to develop intellectual property, solve challenging problems, and serve as a source of professional and technical knowledge accumulated through experience.
- To qualify for this position, the candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years’ experience in one of the following disciplines: engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or computer science.
- Prior experience analyzing one or more BMDS elements or components including radar systems, missiles, communications systems, Battle Management, Command & Control, Communication (BMC3), and Infrared (IR) sensors.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with office automation tools.
- Preferred applicants will have experience in one or more of the following areas: conducting complex analytical studies, developing or adapting analysis tools to suit needs, building reusable, well documented MATLAB/Python utilities, assessing the suitability, effectiveness, survivability, and interoperability of complex military systems, and evaluating threat intelligence information as it pertains to system performance.
- Applicant must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Employment requires a current SECRET clearance and the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI. Active TOP SECRET with SCI is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer and across multiple organizational levels including Program Management and junior engineering staff.
- Experience developing or adapting analysis tools to suit needs.
- Experience with DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs.
- Experience with operational testing and assessment of effectiveness, suitability, and survivability of a weapon system.
This position offers significant advancement opportunity within a dynamic, high-tech company with competitive benefits. nou Systems, Inc. was named the 2015 Winner of Small Business of the Year in the Government Contracting - Technology category, and for four years (2017 – 2020) was named to the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. We invite you to learn more about our company and culture by visiting our website at www.nou-systems.com.
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Medical plan w/ optional Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nou Systems Inc