Java Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $170,000 Yearly
We are pleased to announce the contingent opening for a Java Software Engineer, who will join our Technical Solutions team in Huntsville, AL or Lexington, MA and become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, biotechnology, and space control marketspaces. You will be part of a team of experienced and passionate engineers and scientists developing software to support the modernization of advanced radars, optical systems, and other missile test range instrumentation.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a Bachelor’s degree at minimum, in a STEM field. Also, we’re looking for someone with experience in areas such as: complex systems, software design and analysis, as well as testing and validation of complex systems. Finally, you must possess or have the ability to obtain an active secret clearance. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
You also must have:
- Proficiency in Java, particularly with J2EE, with knowledge of additional programming languages and frameworks and the ability to learn additional technologies and existing code bases quickly.
- Ability to learn additional technologies and existing code bases quickly.
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table
- Experience with Java build systems (Gradle / Maven / Etc.)
- A working knowledge of webservices (Apache Tomcat)
- Java EE experience
- Linux, specifically Red Hat, development experience
- The ability to work with multiple programming and scripting languages (C/C++/Python/MATLAB)
- Experience with developing and maintaining pipelines for CI/CD
- Familiarity with Static Code Analysis tools, with Fortify experience preferred
- Experience with distributed systems, communication middleware, real-time software, asynchronous messaging, IP networks, desktop user interface frameworks (Eclipse Rich Client Platform), and hardware device control, monitoring, and data acquisition.
- Knowledge of RF concepts, radio systems, and digital communications.
- Excellent one-on-one and group communication skills supporting great collaboration in a team environment with expertise and problem solving and solution sharing.
- A positive attitude coupled with a sense of urgency compatible with a fast-paced environment, and an ability to think clearly and develop creative solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in sensor-based control and data acquisition.
Other specifics about this position:
Confirmation that you have been vaccinated from COVID-19 or have submitted a request for religious or medical exemption will be required before employment begins.
Contingent upon contract award?
No, this position is not contingent upon contract award.
Remote work option?
Yes, this position does have the option for remote work.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2021, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc