General Inquiry - Engineer/Scientist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
nou Systems, Inc. (nSI) is here to solve diverse and challenging technical problems in an enjoyable, stimulating environment, while providing unsurpassed value to our customers.
nou Systems, Inc. (nSI) continually seeks new talent to fill entry-level Engineer and Scientist roles that will provide support across a broad range of programs within our rapidly growing technology company, with multiple locations, operating in the missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces. This requisition does not represent a specific job but is a general inquiry for those interested in future opportunities at nSI. If selected, you will become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be supporting a variety of exciting programs, which could focus on data analysis, algorithm development, or software development. You’ll be expected to demonstrate innovative application of technical skills to solve challenging problems and serve as a source of professional and technical knowledge accumulated through experience. You will work autonomously and as part of a team of engineers and scientists, as necessary, to develop technical solutions or provide engineering services to our customers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a bachelor’s degree at minimum, in an Engineering or Science field such as Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science. Also, we’re looking for someone with 1-3 years full-time professional experience in areas such as: data analysis, system design, software development, cyber, or modeling &simulation. Finally, you must possess or have the ability to obtain an active secret security clearance. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
You also must have:
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills to independently develop technical white papers, briefings, etc., as required by the customer to communicate complex technical issues
- Capability to utilize, adapt, and develop analytical tools, techniques, and processes for technical and/or administrative support activities
- Teamwork-centered mentality, willingness to assist with solving complex problems
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- Experience with modeling and simulation of complex systems and/or system of systems
- Application of engineering principles and scientific investigative techniques to support planning, analysis, assessment, and reporting activities to accomplish customer requirements
- Experience with software development or analysis using MATLAB, Python, Java, SQL, SysML, or similar programming tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency with office automation tools
- BMDS Elements and components including radar systems, missiles, communications systems, Battle Management, Command & Control, Communication (BMC3), and Infrared (IR) sensors
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer and across multiple organizational levels including Program Management and a multitude of engineering staff
- Expertise with one or more elements of the BMDS (Aegis, GMD, THAAD, Patriot, C2BMC, BMDS Sensors)
- Experience conducting observations in a test, exercise, or military training environment
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results
- Cyber security related testing, analysis, and assessment for DoD systems
- Experience with operational testing and assessment of effectiveness, suitability, and survivability of a weapon system
- Experience in Mission Data Processing, Data Analysis and Dissemination, Data Archive and Storage
- Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II certification as identified in DoD 8570. These are either a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), or GIAC Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC) certification in good standing or obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Capability to Translate Element Level Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessments into BMDS Mission Consequence Reports
- Familiarity with Cyber Operational and Developmental Testing (Adversarial Assessments, Penetration Testing, and/or Vulnerability Assessments)
- Preferred professional certifications: One or more current certifications equivalent to Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), SANS GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAP), SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Practical knowledge of Splunk policies, filters, and rules to improve event analysis and data correlation
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Ability to perform analysis of network traffic and protocols
- Background or experience in digital forensics
- Experience in Proposal Management and Business Development
Other specifics about this position:
Confirmation that you have been vaccinated from COVID-19 or have submitted a request for religious or medical exemption will be required before employment begins.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2020, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
ScienceView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc