- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are pleased to announce the contingent opening for a Cloud Administrator who will join our Engineering Services Team in Huntsville, Alabama and become part of our rapidly growing technology company operating in missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces. You will be part of a team known for BMDS OTA team known for providing an independent operational assessment of the BMDS capability to defend the United States, its deployed forces, friends, and allies against missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be providing cloud administrative support to the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Operational Test Agency (OTA) Team. As an independent operational assessment organization for the Missile Defense System (MDS) the BMDS OTA Team is involved in all aspects of the MDS testing. MDS testing produces mass amounts of data that needs to be organized, extracted, and analyzed.
This position will provide administrative support for the cloud-based tool suite. Specific duties would include:
- Create Virtual Machines, and use Virtual Storage and Cloud services
- Install and configure Window and Linux OS, and associated applications, packages and services
- Independently provides technical interpretation and solutions, hardware, configurations and architectures
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions
- Ensures that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users
Here’s what you’ll need:
You must have a bachelor’s degree at minimum, in a technical field such as computer science, management information systems or information technology. Also, we’re looking for someone with 3 -5 years of full-time professional experience in system administration and/or cloud computing experience. Applicant must possess or have the ability to obtain an active SECRET clearance with option to obtain TS/SCI if needed. Lacking any one of these disqualifies you from this job.
You also must have:
- Experience with private, public and/or hybrid cloud-based environments
- Knowledge of application-level security methods
- Experience in setting up and managing Virtual machines
- Monitoring patches, permissions and service deployments
- Ability to oversee cloud-based infrastructure, platforms, and software
- Monitoring modifications of and use of cloud resources
Other qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- ComptTIA Cloud+ certification
- Professional Cloud Administrator certification
- AWS certification
Other specifics about this position:
Confirmation that you have been vaccinated from COVID-19 or have submitted a request for religious or medical exemption will be required before employment begins.
Contingent upon contract award?
No, this position is not contingent upon contract award.
Remote work option?
No, this position does not have the option for remote work.
Who is nou (pronounced ‘new’) Systems?
nou Systems, Inc. (or nSI for short) is a rapidly growing technology company that cares about its people located all over the globe. Our people are passionate about missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and all-things space and space-market related. We offer significant advancement and personal career development opportunities within our dynamic high-tech company.
Although we are a rapidly growing company, winning the Inc. 5000 List as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies from 2017–2021, our culture is firmly established in treating our employees like family. See some words our employees use to describe our culture with the attached Culture Cloud.
Benefits of working at nSI
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
Other specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages*
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical plan with Health Savings Account eligibility
- Generous company-funded Basic Life Insurance
- Company-funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing training, continuing education, or advanced degree programs
- Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Monthly Telephone Allowance
- Remote-work friendly
- If you work from the corporate office – Fully stocked breakrooms!!!
*Final compensation for this position is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.nou-systems.com/workingatnou. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Nou Systems Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Nou Systems Inc