Administrative Assistant, Occupational Therapy
The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Director, faculty, and staff as they serve students in alignment with the curriculum. Assists the Program Director, faculty, and staff in activities that facilitate academic excellence and promote the mission and philosophy of the Department of Occupational Therapy. Supports the Program Director, faculty, and staff in tasks and activities related to the program accreditation, administration, fieldwork, and doctoral capstone.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Enacts commitment to the values of the Department of Occupational Therapy’s articulated philosophy.
- Performs routine administrative support functions for the Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Initiates and manages systems for organizing documents, records, files, related to students and work of the Department.
- Maintains up to date databases and files for course syllabi, faculty CV’s, Maryland OT licenses, CPR and other applicable clinical requirements.
- Maintains up to date databases and files for CPR, background checks and other applicable clinical requirements of students for Fieldwork I and II.
- Coordinates event planning activities for the Department’s hosted and/or sponsored events.
- Coordinates work study related activities for the Department, such as, but not limited to: attending work study events, speaking with candidates, supervising student worker’s completion of assigned tasks, and monitoring completed hours.
- Assists the Program Director, faculty, and staff with the development of annual statistical reports for outside agencies.
- Assists the Program Director, faculty, and staff with the development of reports and site preparation for the OTD program’s ACOTE accreditation.
- Assists faculty with course materials and preparation.
- Collaborates with Program Director and faculty to maintain updated OTD cohort schedules.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Provost Office to develop teaching assignment worksheet and clinical adjunct faculty contracts.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Knowledge: High School Diploma required, some college experience preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years of administrative assistant/office management experience. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills required. Ability to deal with confidential matters and interact with all levels of personnel and outside contacts. Must have knowledge of MS Office and be willing to train on the campus academic records database.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. General business office hours with occasional support of evening or weekend events.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
Notre Dame of Maryland UniversityBaltimore, MD
BusinessView All Notre Dame of Maryland University Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.