Job Title: Marketing Communications Associate
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, and in support of established seasonal marketing campaigns, goals, and budgets, the Marketing Communications Associate schedules, manages, coordinates, supports and executes areas of NDNU’s marketing communications, including email communications, recruiting materials, marketing communications reports, and other online digital marketing efforts.
· Coordinates and executes email communications for NDNU’s marketing and admissions, as well as oversees and consults on email communications and deployment strategies.
· Creates automated and general broadcast email campaigns.
· Creates original copy for a wide variety of organizational email communications, using up to date best practices in email communication strategies.
· Edits email and other existing content as needed to adapt to email formats and accurately proofs all work to adhere to NDNU’s high editorial standards.
· Monitors and reports on deliverability, opt-outs, hard bounces and other issues related to email list management.
· Using email platform graphically helps to format all forms of Marketing and Admissions emails going out from organization.
Digital Advertising Support, Education partner content
· Helps write content and works with outside vendors and inside resources to assist with online education sites and directories.
· Helps with set-up and management of external education site partners and directories to ensure content is updated and monitored annually or when updates are required. Assists with vendor review for conversions at contract renewal dates.
· Assists the informational research director with survey content and assistant director of communications for marketing content information required for partners like Militaryschools.com.
· Create new and update existing program sheets and assists admissions with annual updates.
· Coordinates with website manager to ensure information is consistent on website to mirror updated information.
· Manage recruiting publications and brochures.
· Manage and update content and design with in-house design and outside vendor.
· Coordinate all content with admissions.
· Manage collateral inventory to ensure sufficient quantities of publications are readily available.
· Help process invoices for recruitment publications and printing.
Academic and College Partners
· Liaison between marketing, admissions and academics to ensure major listings, courses and program information is up-to-date so information can be updated and correct on program sheets for recruiting, education partner sites and website.
· Assist admissions to explore opportunities within the Community College partners for maximum exposure through marketing on campuses and college websites.
Reporting and Analysis
· Generates monthly reports for marketing through JRM, vendor partners, database and advertising to track:
· Source code reports
· Time period inquiries
· Time period applications
· Email campaign response rates
· Helps update and coordinate marketing and admissions communications calendars.
· BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts or related field. (preferred)
· Two to three years minimum experience in areas of marketing communications and, including creating content (copy, images, template building) for various platforms of marketing and campaigns.
· Demonstrated excellent written communication skills; experienced copywriter across a wide variety of different marketing channels, but especially, emails, publications and online directories.
· Working knowledge of basic HTML.
· Familiar with excel and data reporting and analysis.
· Demonstrated strong project management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines; strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to respond and perform in a favorable, flexible and supportive manner to short lead-time projects covering a broad range of marketing tasks for the organization.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills, while also communicating the need for further clarity or direction.
· Must be capable of working independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
· Experience in creating online and email campaigns and targeting for local or national targets.
· Familiar with best practices for email deployment and deliverability.
· Database management and report generation.
· Appreciation of or experience in higher education and areas of communications and marketing.
· Email campaign and broadcast creation and management through CRM platforms like TargetX within Salesforce.
NDNU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse student population. In your cover letter, please include information about your experiences in working in a diverse environment, and what qualities you would bring to supporting this commitment to inclusive excellence at NDNU.