Froster - Newport News
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
- Follows NbC proprietary frosting recipe and application methods with precision and achieves productivity goals.
- Effectively utilizes measuring instruments, commercial-grade or handheld mixer and pastry bag to frost cakes.
- Prioritizes cake pre-orders according to schedule and frosts cakes for walk-in guest orders accordingly.
- Ensures an adequate supply of samples and frosted cakes are available for guests in the bakery display case and maintains appropriate frosting and frosted cake par levels.
- Adheres to the proper packaging, labeling, and storage of frosted cakes as well as product rotation standards, and maintains frosting and refrigeration logs.
- Monitors inventory of frosting supplies and notifies management when replenishment is required.
- Evaluates baked and frosted cakes to ensure NbC standards are met and informs management of any quality control issues.
- Cleans, sanitizes and restocks workstation, ensure frosting supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift, and washes any equipment in the absence of the Dishwasher/Utility Employee.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
- Servant’s Heart
- Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
- Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
- Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
- Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
- Genuine Connections
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
- Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
- Can understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as recipes, order tickets, operating procedures, and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Please note that NbC recipes are available in English and Spanish.
- Understands basic units of measurement used in the U.S.
- Has the ability to perform repetitious tasks that require precise and continuous movement of arms, wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Has the physical capacity to lift items of moderate to heavyweight (as much as 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods of time.
- Is meticulous about using exact measurements, paying strict attention to timing and working on a tight, fast-paced production schedule.
- Can evaluate products, processes, information, and surroundings to determine compliance with standards.
- Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize workload and operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous experience in an operational support role at a bakery or restaurant or in a food service environment is a plus.
Employees at a franchised Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery location are employed by the franchise owner/operator and are not employees of Nothing Bundt Cakes Corporate (the franchisor). All inquiries about employment should be directed to the franchise owner/operator and not to Nothing Bundt Cakes Corporate. Each franchise owner/operator is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Nothing Bundt Cakes - Newport News/Virginia Beach
AddressNewport News, VA
RetailView all jobs at Nothing Bundt Cakes - Newport News/Virginia Beach