- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Notch Mechanical Constructors is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer - Energy/HVAC/Thermal Fluid Focus to join our growing team! This specific department is team oriented and works together extremely well. They enjoy our core values of "Working as Team" "Meeting the Challenge" and so on! If you have a wealth of experience as a Field Project Engineer we encourage you to apply!
Provide engineering design and layout for a variety of mechanical piping systems, including building mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, etc.) and plant utility systems (steam, chilled water, cooling water, compressed air, etc.). Provide technical direction and support in a variety of engineering, technical, estimating & cost activities. Provide technical engineering information to engineers, project managers, company supervision and craft to insure construction work complies with engineering standards. Provide support to the execution of mechanical & piping installation projects with technical and logistical duties by traveling to Notch job sites throughout MA, CT, and RI.
What you will Do:
- Performs mechanical design engineering for design/build HVAC, plumbing and energy retrofit projects, including layout, sizing, and selection of mechanical equipment and piping.
· Provide technical direction i.e., interpretation of drawings and specification to craft installing material, equipment installation details, etc.as required to properly install system. Research, recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors.
· Support project managers by procuring bulk materials, major equipment, and trade subcontractors in accordance with company procedures.
· Perform detailed field layout of piping systems and generate fabrication isometrics.
· Work closely with Notch project managers and provide guidance to field crew leaders.
· Project technical support on larger projects including proposals, estimates, submittals, CPM schedules and procurement (subs, material & equipment).
· Perform drafting, charting, mapping and similar graphical presentation work.
· Compile data and information from technical and accounting sources; calculations and summarizations of same as directed.
· Assist in measurement, layout, checking and setting markers in field surveying activities.
· Assist in estimating functions by performing quantity takeoff, extensions and data input.
· Coordinate engineering calculations and design for ASME fabrications
· Provide construction engineering support
· Assist with As-built drawings, Piping isometric drawings, Plumbing d/b drawings, HP gas approval packages, Steel design & detailing, Vessel design & detailing
What you will need:
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering (or significant experience in similar role)
· Minimum of 5-12 years’ experience in the field/role
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT) a plus
· Must have good interpersonal skills including communication and organization
· Experience with safety requirements in a construction or industrial environment (OSHA 10 or 30 is a plus)
· Trade knowledge of mechanical construction, industry and piping a plus
· Exposure to construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications
· Computer literate in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), AutoCAD and MS Project
This position reports to the VP of Large Project Management and Engineering
Notch Mechanical ConstructorsWhy Work Here?
Notch is a dynamic, growing employee-owned company seeking right fit candidates to join our team.
We are an industrial, mechanical contractor with 100+ employees building the systems essential to our modern world. We are specialists in our trade. As an Employee Stock Ownership Company, our success is your success. We invest in employees to develop their skills and abilities to advance within the company. Come grow with us!
85 Lemay Street Chicopee MA 01085Springfield, MA