Responsible to perform computer-aided design and drafting to support the engineering and construction efforts of the company, including preliminary sketches, 2D scale design drawings, 3D models, point cloud conversion, BIM modeling, coordination drawings, and fabrication isometric drawings. Integrate various CAD related software packages and related hardware to work effectively to achieve the goals of the organization.
What you will Do:
· Develop accurate CAD mechanical/piping drawings based on engineer’s guidance, sketches, point cloud information, or existing record drawings in accordance with industry drawing standards
· Work with a project team to enable efficient, effective and successful project execution
· Develop and refine 3D BIM model to provide coordination and clash detection with other trades
· Prepare submittal drawings and isometric fabrication drawings based on the engineering design drawings or a 3D model
· Participate in developing and integrating new software, design processes and drafting standards
· Generate Bill-of-Materials from design drawings for estimating, procurement and fabrication
· Gather field dimensions at jobsites including use of a laser scanner, as needed
· Assist the project sales team by producing drawings to support proposals as needed
What you will Need:
· Associates Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Architectural Engineering Technology and 5+ years of relevant industry experience in Mechanical/Piping CAD Drafting and Design.
· Generation and conversion of point cloud data
o Use of laser scanner to generate point cloud of as-built conditions
o Conversion of point cloud data into 3D model (Experience with Realworks and Edgewise software a plus)
· Working knowledge of 3D CAD and BIM software including SYSQUE, AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit MEP 3D, Navisworks, or similar software experience that can be transferred.
· Working knowledge of piping components, piping specifications, piping standard details, and piping systems.
· Generation of fabrication isometrics from scans, crew leader sketches, client-supplied design drawings, client-supplied 3D model, and in-house D/B designs.
· Knowledge of architectural and mechanical drafting standards
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
· Candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects & priorities and generate drawings within specified time lines, both independently and as part of a team
This position reports to the VP of Large Project Management and Engineering