Notable Labs Foster City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Notable Labs is seeking a hands-on, highly motivated and talented Associate Scientist to join our R&D group. You will have the opportunity to lead internal R&D projects and external partnerships with biotech and clinical institutions. As part of a dynamic team, you'll work alongside engineers, bioinformaticists, and product development scientists to build Notable's platform and advance personalized precision oncology for cancer patients.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, design and execute research projects using Notable's flow cytometry-based ex vivo high-throughput (HTP) screening platform to identify novel drug combinations and biomarkers for precision cancer therapy in hematological malignancies.
- Optimize assay conditions to support in-house, industry, and academic partnerships.
- Develop cell-based assays to support internal drug discovery efforts and collaborations with industry and academic partners.
- Process primary patient samples (blood and bone marrow).
- Analyze complex data sets and communicate key results to a broad audience.
- Work closely with automation to optimize screening operations to maximize throughput and maintain quality.
- Identify any issues that may adversely affect the quality of test results and report to appropriate representatives to ensure prompt resolution.
- Identify and implement process improvements for lab operations.
- Serve as a technical resource or subject matter expert on flow cytometry experimental methods and techniques, and be able to train and assist other members on the team.
Must Haves (minimal requirements):
- BS/MS in a biomedical discipline with 2 years (with MS) or 4 years (with BS) of academic or industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based assays.
- Excellent aseptic and cell culture techniques.
- Trained on safe handling of BSL-2 material such as human blood.
- Experience in multiparameter flow cytometry including design, execution and analysis.
- Self-motivated; ability to prioritize tasks; patience
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is agile, self-motivated, organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative, pays attention to detail, has strong time management skills, and is disciplined in documentation.
- Team player who is independent, resourceful and creative.
- Embraces challenges and is able to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
Skills that are a PLUS:
- Experience in culturing T cells and familiarity with T cell-based bioassays.
- Prior experience with liquid handling instruments and familiarity with lab automation equipment.
- Proficiency in utilizing scientific software for data analysis such as FlowJo.
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time.
- Engage with experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and more.
- Be part of a dynamic team dedicated to personal growth and career development.
- Highly competitive early-stage company compensation package.
- Outstanding healthcare benefits.
- Incredible growth opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- … did we mention daily catered lunch?
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AddressFoster City, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Notable Labs