Director of Staff Development
Norwood Pines Alzheimer's Care Center Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Norwood Pines specializes in Alzheimer's and dementia, the individual must enjoy working with these patients.
3 days per week as DSD and 2 days per week as Charge Nurse.
Applicants must an LVN, currently authorized to work in the United States, licensed in the state of CA and have a current license that can be verified through state and federal board review. Preferred one year experience as a supervisor or a DSD in a skilled nursing facility. Current DSD certification is not required and we can assist in obtaining.
- Onboard newly hired staff and complete orientation.
- Prepare and present in-services to staff members.
The LVN supervises work performance of nursing personnel working under them. Administers medication to patients assigned. Maintains acceptable standards of nursing practice. Able to make decisions in emergency situations and practices first aide measures. Ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Observe and interpret patient’s symptoms and communicate them to physicians
- Collaborate with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Perform routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, administering injections etc.) and fill in patients’ charts
- Administer patient’s medication and provide treatments according to physician’s orders
- Inspect the facilities and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds etc.)
- Provide instant medical care in emergencies
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
Norwood Pines Alzheimer's Care Center
500 Jessie Ave SacramentoSacramento, CA
EducationView all jobs at Norwood Pines Alzheimer's Care Center