Customer Service Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
- $44,000 to $46,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Account Representative selected to serve DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River and Sabine Parishes will:
- Recruit, motivate, and work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire others to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote irregular hours at times to achieve council and district objectives.
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background checks.
The Norwela Council is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive salary (range from $44,000-$46,000), the position offers a benefits package valued at over $24,000 to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined contribution retirement plan, employee discounts on BSA items, flexible scheduling, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer a generous vacation policy and holiday observances including 13 paid holidays and up to 24 PTO days the first year.
Additional information on a career as an Account Representative can be found at this link: https://www.scouting.org/careers/working-with-us/essential-skills/
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits, and advancement.
Norwela Council, Boy Scouts of America
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?