Business Office Manager
- Expired: December 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Business Office Receivables Specialist-Manager
Department: Administration FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Administrator Date: December 16, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage, facilitate and responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable (oversight), resident trust, banking deposits, daily census and applicable monthly, quarterly and annual reports pertaining to cost reimbursement reporting. Perform all accounting functions of the facility in accordance with current generally accepted accounting principles and cost reimbursement principles relating to long-term care.
Accounts Receivable Function
- Review admissions to confirm payer information, available coverage, secondary payers and qualifying hospital stays.
- Verification of insurance benefits based on level of care provided.
- Maintain daily census information for each resident of the facility (see Census Function).
- Prepare and bill appropriate paying agencies (Private, Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, Veterans Administration, Workers Comp, etc.) monthly in accordance with the established due dates on the monthly calendar and as provided by month-end close procedures.
- Prepare billings for centralized billing function if appropriate.
- Timely and thorough follow-up of all receivables billed out of the facility for payment status.
- Proper and timely recording of collection notes on all delinquent accounts.
- Timely reporting of non-collectible accounts to the Administrator.
- Appropriate write-off of delinquent accounts after all collection efforts have been exhausted.
- Timely posting of all payments to resident ledgers (see Cash Receipts Function).
- Continuous monitoring of resident ledger accounts for accuracy and status of collection action.
Accounts Payable Function (if no Accounts Payable staff)
- Monitor opening of mail to ensure invoices get to proper Department Heads for coding.
- General ledger coding of all administrative invoices received.
- Verification that all valid invoices are entered into the accounts payable system in a timely manner and in the proper periods.
- Review and check all accounts payable work and make necessary corrections/adjustments as needed.
- Ensure all invoices have been properly authorized for payment by the Administrator and responsible Department Head.
- Review invoices and process in Procurement Partners.
- Filing of all paid invoices in appropriate vendor files including writing payment dates and check numbers on all paid invoices.
- Request new vendors to accounts payable system as well as requesting edit of current vendor information as needed.
- Obtain W-9 information from all service providers as required by law.
- Maintenance and filing of all vendor service contracts (ie copy machines, vending machines, kitchen equipment, vehicles, etc).
- Monthly review of all vendor statements received to ensure all invoices have been received, coded and entered to the accounts payable.
- Communicate with supplies/vendors concerning questions about invoices, payment dates, etc.
Payroll Function (if no Human Resources staff)
- Timely transmission of all new hire information to ensure new employees are entered into the time clock as quickly as possible.
- Proper reporting of all new employees to appropriate state/federal agencies as required by law.
- Daily monitoring of time clock for missing punches, short lunches, missing lunches, etc.
- Responsible reporting of habitual time clock discrepancies to appropriate department heads/supervisors and administrator.
- Setup and maintenance of employee files.
- Processing of payroll information for each payroll period to include total hours, bonuses, PTO, deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Timely reporting to home office of all pay changes, deduction changes, terminations, etc.
- Appropriate and timely filing of reports to state/federal agencies as required by law.
- Ensure proper filing and secure storage of all employee/payroll related information.
Resident Trust Function
- Ensure that all resident funds are maintained in accordance with current state/federal guidelines.
- Dispense resident trust funds as requested from residents and obtain proper signatures for withdrawn funds.
- Deposit and post all receipts into the resident trust fund on a daily basis.
- Closely monitor accounts on a continuous basis to ensure accounts do not get overdrawn or exceed the maximum limit for Medicaid eligibility as established by state law.
- Provide each resident/responsible party with a quarterly accounting of his/her funds managed by the facility.
- Reconcile and replenish resident trust cash as often as needed to ensure funds are available for resident withdrawals.
- Maintain all signed withdrawal forms in an individual file for each resident.
- Reconcile resident trust bank account monthly, post interest earned to resident trust accounts and replenish bank fees,
- Provide month end resident balances report and trust reconciliation every month to the Administrator.
- Monitor opening of mail to ensure all payments received are recorded.
- Check depository bank account on a daily basis for electronic payments received to record into accounts receivable system.
- Deposit all payments received and post to appropriate accounts/residents on a daily basis.
- Reconcile depository bank account to Point Click Care cash receipts journal prior to close of month end.
- Reconcile and replenish all petty cash accounts at least once a month, more often if necessary.
- Reconcile facility bank accounts as directed to include employee fund, petty cash, depository account and resident council.
- Reconcile census on a daily basis to ensure the manual and financial census are in agreement.
- Continuous monitoring of payer changes and entry into Point Click Care to reflect accurate occupancy and payer relationship.
- Ensure that all room changes, transfers, discharges and leaves of absence are recorded properly and timely in Point Click Care to reflect an accurate census.
- Consistent communication of census information to ancillary service providers to ensure accuracy of invoicing and charges.
- Consistent and effective communication with clinical staff to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Report all census discrepancies immediately to Director of Nursing.
- Participate in all departmental meetings, Huddle Board and Medicare meetings.
- Greet all visitors to the facility in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively and productively with co-workers and staff.
- Supervise work assigned to office assistant and/or receptionist if positions exist.
- Return phone messages in a timely manner.
- Be informed about current employment laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Norwalk Nursing & Rehab Center
BusinessView all jobs at Norwalk Nursing & Rehab Center